VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Re: corrado seats (TrnsferErr)

To remove the front seats, you must slide the seat all the way forward. The looking on the center rail of the seat, you will see there is a small nut and bolt on there. That stops the seat from going too far back. remove this nut and bolt. the seat will now slide all the way back, and out. Its a little tricky to get it out, and might be eaiser to remove the center console to get it out. Once you do it...it gets easier every time.
and btw: here is a pic of some aftermarket seats in my old corrado:

-Brian

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Re: corrado seats (only8v)

heyyyyyyyyyy, i've never seen that!!!!!!!!

not the seat guys, the pic, this car's currently mine

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Re: corrado seats (vr6performance)

quote:[HR][/HR]where does one get that rear shoulder belt mounting bar??[HR][/HR]​
yes, is that just a custom cut bar with brackets, or did you buy that somewhere? i would definately like on for my C.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Re: corrado seats (fastg60)

quote:[HR][/HR]where does one get that rear shoulder belt mounting bar??
yes, is that just a custom cut bar with brackets, or did you buy that somewhere? i would definately like on for my C.[HR][/HR]​
yeap, custom bar for harness use. I bought it used, althought its a very simple design, and someone could mass-manufacture them quite eaisly if they wanted to. Basically a FAT ass tube running the width of the car, welded to end pieces of steel that twist to mount to the factory rear seatbelt anchors.
-Brian

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Re: corrado seats (vr6performance)

unfortunately i do not have the car anymore, nor do i have the seats/belts/bar setup.
I dont have any up close pictures of the bar either.
If you study it..its fairly easy to make if you know how to work with metals.
Imagine a rectangular piece of metal. Now take each end and twist it opposite directions from each other...this will create a spiral -like effect. Thats basically what what the endmounts looked like. Of course it was with really strong metal.
-Brian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.