VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Re: Corrado VR6: Dieselgeek or Neuspeed shortshifter? (vr6willeatyou)

Dieselgeek reduce both front-to-back and side-to-side throw. I think Neuspeed only reduce front-to-back throw.
When first installed, my dieselgeek was a bit stiff but now shifts are smooth are precise. I'm going to put Redline MT-90 in the trans soon, so it will be even better.

·
Forum Elder
14,567 Posts
Re: Corrado VR6: Dieselgeek or Neuspeed shortshifter? (VWRacer21)

DG is cheaper, requires body modification and has side to side reduction.
NS is more money, must remove exhaust, no side to side reduction.
You can ad side to side reduction to the NS though.
I chose DG, very happy camper.

·
Registered
290 Posts

Haven't driven a full-on DG shorty yet, but I have the NS w/ DG reducer pin...very nice by the way

From what I've heard, the DG kit is the way to go, especially when considering the price. The NS kit is a bit notchy, but not as much as the AWE.
green_slc: may want to reconsider with the MT-90...I've had much better shifting into second with MT-L...just a thought

·
Registered
18,545 Posts
Re: Corrado VR6: Dieselgeek or Neuspeed shortshifter? (BadAssCorrado)

quote:[HR][/HR]DieselGeek DieselGeek DieselGeek.[HR][/HR]​
Ditto Ditto Ditto
Dieselgeek is awesome...the best choice no question about it! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,023 Posts

dieselgeek or autotech or just get the factory audi part .....this way you dont need to tear up the boot..it's much better to do from the trannie side. It's much easier than people think.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Re: Corrado VR6: Dieselgeek or Neuspeed shortshifter? (green_slc)

quote:[HR][/HR]
Dieselgeek reduce both front-to-back and side-to-side throw. I think Neuspeed only reduce front-to-back throw.
When first installed, my dieselgeek was a bit stiff but now shifts are smooth are precise. I'm going to put Redline MT-90 in the trans soon, so it will be even better.
[HR][/HR]​
what would happen if you had the audi TT 180 shift linkage or the autotech linkage with the deiselgeek peice..hmmm..could be interesting.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Re: Corrado VR6: Dieselgeek or Neuspeed shortshifter? (corpsedub)

What is the Audi part that is used.Is it the shifter unit and how does it compare to other short shift kits

·
Registered
7,990 Posts
Re: Corrado VR6: Dieselgeek or Neuspeed shortshifter? (SilverJettaway)

DieselGeek.
Good product, easy installation, low price. How can you ask for more?

Corpsedub, I'm lost on what you're saying about the factory boot. Mine is fine, with no problems.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts