VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vendor
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

When you step into the aftermarket turbo world, boost control is PARAMOUNT. The Cortex EBC offers unparalleled boost control in an affordable package. It has the ability to take inputs from:

Vehicle Speed
Engine RPM
Throttle Position

With those inputs it can calculate what gear you are into quickly and effortlessly. The controller can be paired with a 3port or 4port solenoid which if you opt for the later, you will have much greater control and range of boost with even the lightest of springs. Want to run 3psi in 1st gear,10psi in 2nd, and 20psi in the rest? NO PROBLEM! Want to help keep surging at bay when you're cruising down the highway and need to "lightly" pass somebody, too easy! Build a map based on throttle percentage!
Save your tire tread for the twisties, curves of your favorite road course!

Boost control is programmed with your computer and quickly loaded to your boost controller with the supplied USB Cable.

It also has two Output wires...

Have aux systems to control? Nitrous? Intercooler misters? Maybe that Water/Meth kit we mentioned earlier? Set water/meth function based on boost pressure, gear position, engine speed, and also throttle position. More than a simple on/off function, this controller offers FULL progressive control of the pump duty cycle so you hit max pressure/volume when and where you need it most!

GET YOURS TODAY!

ORDER HERE!!

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
So pretty useless for a MK2 unless it has a swap with a VSS .got ya :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,758 Posts

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
You could use an ABS sensor.

I've seen folks tap into existing. I've seen folks make a bracket to hold one they had laying around and position to to read the bolts as they pass by on the axle flange too.

:beer:
That is not a bad idea. I am going to look into this.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I got one of these boost controllers and it is mind blowing what it can do! If your car has an cruise control then you can pick up vehicle speed from the intument cluster straight to the cortex unit. That is what i am doing on my MK2 16vt. I ended up pulling a tach signal by tapping into the hall sensor output of the distributor. It had to much noise using the tach signal from the coil on digi 1 on my car. With the analog input I am running my innovative wideband. So now I can datalog through the cortex unit, rpm, gear, boost, vehicle speed, etc etc etc. Next thing I plan to with it is see if i can use one of the analog outputs to turn my up-shift light into a shift light. Seriously this thing is great so far.

·
Vendor
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got one of these boost controllers and it is mind blowing what it can do! If your car has an cruise control then you can pick up vehicle speed from the intument cluster straight to the cortex unit. That is what i am doing on my MK2 16vt. I ended up pulling a tach signal by tapping into the hall sensor output of the distributor. It had to much noise using the tach signal from the coil on digi 1 on my car. With the analog input I am running my innovative wideband. So now I can datalog through the cortex unit, rpm, gear, boost, vehicle speed, etc etc etc. Next thing I plan to with it is see if i can use one of the analog outputs to turn my up-shift light into a shift light. Seriously this thing is great so far.
have you logged Acceleration G's and power numbers? I love that feature the most :D

·
Vendor
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So after finding my local E85 station to have accidentally had their tank filled with 93, i knew i needed an ethanol sensor!

So i contacted the Cortex engineer and he was able to successfully take the GM Ethanol Sensor Output and have it accurately display ethanol percentage on the boost controller!!

Wire it into the Analog Voltage input of the EBC, add a 10k resistor between the 12v power to the SENSOR and the signal output and you're done!!

ONE MORE REASON THIS IS AN EXCELLENT BUY!! :laugh::beer::peace::laugh::peace::beer:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.