VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Re: corvair steroids! this guy has them in the form of wicked gasser! (Mr.Variety)

now thats a blower..........

·
Banned
18,536 Posts
Re: corvair steroids! this guy has them in the form of wicked gasser! (VR6GTI72)

Quote, originally posted by VR6GTI72 »
Not a fan of a corvair as a highboy gasser.
I like them more of a road race look.

That's hot. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
17,633 Posts
Re: corvair steroids! this guy has them in the form of wicked gasser! (VR6GTI72)

I was just salivating over a Corvair I found for $2900, in "pretty good" running condition. This is pretty much where I would want to go with it (1965 Corsa 140 coupe).
Does anyone know much about these cars? Is this a project worth considering? Or are parts going to be near impossible to find? (aircooled, horizontally opposed GM engines?!?)
In other words, "why SHOULDN'T I do it?"

·
Registered
49,282 Posts

This needed to be quoted again.
The gasser looked better than it did in my minds eye before I clicked, but it's still wrong. I don't understand the desire to put a radiator into a car that never had one. It would be much simpler to put an air cooled engine into a car that was once water cooled than would be the reverse.

·
Registered
49,282 Posts
Re: corvair steroids! this guy has them in the form of wicked gasser! (PsyberVW)

Quote, originally posted by PsyberVW »
In other words, "why SHOULDN'T I do it?"

The only reason I would say 'don't do it' is if you lived closer to me so I could buy it out from under you.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Re: corvair steroids! this guy has them in the form of wicked gasser! (valfaw)

so he took a car that was very unique and spent a lot of time and money to take our everything that made it unique so it is like every other gasser out there?

seems like a waste to me. $.02

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.