VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Without spending a boatload of money? I knwo you can have certain Silvia's in Canada, so I was curious if you could buy it in canada, then bring it here?

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Re: Could I get a skyline/Silvia in the US? (Ajlepisto)

Just swap SR20DET into 240SX and put an S13 front end on it. Simple is that, and you gonna get S13 Silvia or Sileighty (depends on body style).
Skyline is gonna cost you an arm and a leg. + you gonna have alot of fun finding replacement and maintanance parts for it.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
22,855 Posts

Please... no more "Can I get a ..skyline?" thread...

Get the US Skyline the G35..
If you are thinking GTR, there are many cars here that outperforms it for lesser price you can obtain here..

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Could I get a skyline/Silvia in the US? (WReXinEFX)

sorry I offended you so much.

The question was more of a hypothetical, where I provided a scenerio and tried to filter out what was the story, to base a conclusion on importing cars into the united states.

Modified by Ajlepisto at 7:30 PM 5-19-2004

·
Registered
21,761 Posts
Re: Could I get a skyline/Silvia in the US? (Amdek)

Quote, originally posted by Amdek »
http://www.speed53.com

I don't know... That doesn't look too legit. No pics of the cars, no address, just an (866) number.
The only legal importers are RB Motoring and Motorex, and the only RI is Motorex. RB has to go through Motorex for legalization.

·
Banned
36,395 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Ajlepisto »
Without spending a boatload of money? I knwo you can have certain Silvia's in Canada, so I was curious if you could buy it in canada, then bring it here?

You can get a brand new Skyline in NA from any Infinity dealership.
It's called G35.

·
Registered
7,433 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Ajlepisto »

If you want to pony up the $$ I'll take delivery of one in Canada for you (I'm not kidding). Here's the deal : In Canada we can import ANY car that is 15 years old or more and register it. That means '89's are the "newest" car you can bring. There's a number of legit importers doing this already. August will be the first month R32 Skyline GT-R's will be street legal in Canada, lessor Skylines (GT, GT-S and such) are already legal. Same story with Sivlia's they made lots of those earlier in the yaer so its not hard to bring one in.
There may be faster cheaper cars already in the US but that's like saying there are faster cheaper cars than a '69 454 Vette, still won't be the same.........

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Could I get a skyline/Silvia in the US? (Lexi)

Quote, originally posted by Lexi »

If you want to pony up the $$ I'll take delivery of one in Canada for you (I'm not kidding). Here's the deal : In Canada we can import ANY car that is 15 years old or more and register it. That means '89's are the "newest" car you can bring. There's a number of legit importers doing this already. August will be the first month R32 Skyline GT-R's will be street legal in Canada, lessor Skylines (GT, GT-S and such) are already legal. Same story with Sivlia's they made lots of those earlier in the yaer so its not hard to bring one in.
There may be faster cheaper cars already in the US but that's like saying there are faster cheaper cars than a '69 454 Vette, still won't be the same.........

Ahhh your what I was looking for! I was just pondering, but this could be a possibility. We'll see in a few months.

·
Registered
7,321 Posts

But then, aren´t those only in legal in Canada and not in the US?

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
Re: Could I get a skyline/Silvia in the US? (Jerry_HEAVEN)

Jerry_HEAVEN - see my above statement.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts

I know people are talking about motorex as your best bet, but sorry, as of latley the prices they're demanding has gone up from what I hear (not positive). You can thank all the type over the skyline just the past few years and especially TF&TF for making a bunch of idiots with money go out and buy that car. Just like the supra. Not saying the skyline is a bad car, just it got even more attention thanks to that movie

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
Re: Could I get a skyline/Silvia in the US? (green tea)

For $10 @ month you can "rent a room" at my house. That gives you a Canadian address to register the car and get plates. Problem solved. (Probably not very legal for you)

·
Registered
1,684 Posts

I can get you a skyline or silvia, any model you want, in the US but the only thing is it wont be street legal, it would be track legal only or you would have to spend the money to license it. So if your seriously interested, IM me and we can work something out, I have containers coming from japan every 3 weeks

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Re: Could I get a skyline/Silvia in the US? (4cefed)

Motorex charges approx. $10k to smog-legalize those cars in California. Another $2-4k for shipping, plus the $20-25k price of an R32 GT-R.... you better have some good money man.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
you can pick up a used R32 GTS for around 2500-5000, and a used GTR for 6000-10000 in Japan depending on options, mileage, edition/package, etc. and then go ahead and ship the mofo here, and then give it to Motorex to convert.
they're still overpriced but you save yourself $10-25k on the car itself. also, you can contact Bill @ Westside Motorsports in Venice, CA, he's got I think 3 skylines available for sale, starting around 20, converted & legal. He also has a deal through motorex and can get you converted for cheaper.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts