VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,076 Posts
Re: could somebody tell me if the new buyers program vw offers can be ... (jettaman161)

Specifically, which program are you talking about?
There is a First Time Buyer's Lease Program:
• The customer must never have had automotive credit
• Monthly payment may not exceed 18% of gross monthly income
• Minimum one year of verifiable employment with current employer
with income commensurate with all financial obligations
• Minimum one year residence in dealer's market area,
renting or living with parents is allowed
• Minimum 10% down payment
• No credit history required; however, established history must
be in good standing with no previous derogatory credit
• Three verifiable personal references; one must be a relative
• Qualification under this program is subject to verification prior
to approval
Unless your credit suggests otherwise, you will be approved at the "C" level credit tier, which is not a good thing.

There is also a College Graduate Program that, if you qualify, would get you "A" tier rates.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: could somebody tell me if the new buyers program vw offers can be ... (VeeDubDriver)

yeah see the salesman that I have had to deal with is a very fast talker.So he will just mention something and move on.I originally wanted to lease the car but he told me after they had run my credit and everything that The new buyers program could not be used with a lease.Please let me know how much of this is crap and what is actually true

·
Registered
10,076 Posts
Re: could somebody tell me if the new buyers program vw offers can be ... (jettaman161)

It probably all depends on your credit. You should go to http://www.myfico.com and get your own credit report so you know where you stand.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: could somebody tell me if the new buyers program vw offers can be ... (VeeDubDriver)

My credit score 670 If that helps you at all

·
Registered
10,076 Posts

670 is good, not great. Generally over 700 gets you tier 1, but depending on the rest of your credit profile (debt to income, length of time at job, credit length) you may or may not qualify for tier 1 financing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts