VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '92 Corrado SLC on a very worn stock suspension.
I'm trying to decide between two setups. HR54707 sport springs, and Bilstein sports for $569 OR The FK Hitech 35/40 kit for $399
Now for the Questions.
Is the HR, Bilstein combo really worth the extra $170?
Which setups handles and rides best overall? (I would prefer the smoothest of the two.)
I've seen a car with the HR setup, does the FK kit lower it about the
same amount? (I'm not interested in slamming it.)
And lastly what does 35/40 refer to anyway?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Re: Couple of questions from a suspension amature. (NoCYet)

Unfortunately I xcan only answer one of your questions. 35/40 is the amount of drop in millimeters. 35mm front, 40mm back.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Re: Couple of questions from a suspension amature. (3wheelinWolf)

I think it is worth it. Konis are another option. Check shox.com & e-bay to start, you should be able to find a better deal than that. I e-mailed some of the people selling stuff on e-bay & [email protected] gave me the best deal.

·
Registered
21,242 Posts
Re: Couple of questions from a suspension amature. (RonJeremy)

im also new to the suspension upgradeing,i have a great deal on bilstein struts and neuspeed springs,is this a good way to lower my car?it also comes with a neuspeed sway bar.is there anything else i need?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Re: Couple of questions from a suspension amature. (4doordub)

After you install be sure to get your car aligned that will tell if you need to change camber anything else.
Warn ball joints, bearings and bushings are a good thing to address while the suspension is apart.
Best of luck

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Couple of questions from a suspension amature. (Dragonfly)

I'm going to be buying the FK Hitech setup this friday, unless someone gives me a good reason not to. I have yet to hear any complaints about it, so I can't justify the extra cash for the HR/bilsteins. plus I can use the money saved to help pay for, strut bushings, ball joints ,control arm bushings, and a new front motor mount.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts