VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 01 Jetta (Certified Pre owned) from a dealership here in VA. Well, to make a long story short. The battery has gone out. It has left me stranded twice, and i am concerned that the dealer might not cover me. I have only had the car 2 months. I have had the battery checked with a diagnostic device and it confirmed that the battery was bad. I called the VW dealership and they eplained that VW wont honor it unless the test was done by them. (which I fully understand) I have to drive a lil over an hour to the dealership and can only do it on my next day off which is monday. They said that they have to check it and if it is bad that i might have to cover it myself cause it may be considered a "maintainence" item which is done by the owner/operator. My question is, would I be wasting my time if I went to the dealership expecting/requesting a replacement battery?
I have only had the car for like two months and I have a 2 year 24,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty by Volkswagen. Thanks for your imput and replies in advance.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Is there a closer VW Dealer, or not? You aren't tethered to the dealer you purchased from, as far as warranty is concerned, at least as long as the dealer you go to is recognized by VWoA...

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Re: (willmtbike4food)

Def take it to your closest dealer, and I would imagine that the battery is still covered.
I bought my VW at a dealership over an hour away and I take it for service at one about 10 minutes away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts