VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know someone posted something about this earlier, but I could not find it. I just noticed a nice top-to-bottem crack in the wood panel on the driver's side door. Is this something that is covered under warranty?

·
Registered
48,221 Posts
Re: Cracked Wood Panel (jbrashear)

Yes, this is covered under warranty. I just had one replaced yesterday. It was a door piece and took about 15 minutes at the most. But you have to have your dealer order it first. If you can arrange this over the phone you will save yourself a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Re: Cracked Wood Panel (spockcat)

I've got exactly the same thing - being replaced by the dealer (eventually).

·
Registered
182 Posts

Are the new ones somehow less prone to cracking? Has anybody had the same panel crack again after replacement?

·
Registered
48,221 Posts
Re: Cracked Wood Panel (terps4)

My dealer told me that he has replaced several and VW is clearly aware of the problem. Obviously, they will fix it and make sure the vendor of the part makes them so they don't crack. This costs VW lots of money if it keeps up.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts

My dealer confirmed the same thing about the wood panels. They've replaced quite a few. I haven't had the problem yet.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Re: Cracked Wood Panel (bravocharlie)

My understanding is that fit and finish items are only covered for 12 months/12K--so I wonder if these would get replaced after this portion of hte warrantee is up.

·
Registered
48,221 Posts
Re: Cracked Wood Panel (T-Rageous)

I think that in this situation, VW would warranty these items even beyond the 12mo/12k limit as they obviously were manufactured incorrectly.

·
Registered
584 Posts

I am wondering if it is a certain type of wood that is cracking? I have the Vavona wood and do not have any cracks. But the loaner T-Reg that i used from the dealer last week had the described cracks. On both from doors. It was a v6 with standard walnut wood.

·
Registered
48,221 Posts
Re: Cracked Wood Panel (RvDUB)

I have Myrtle and have had cracks on both right side passenger doors. It isn't the wood itself that cracks but rather the clear plastic overlay.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts