Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showt...age=2
Crazy thing about this is that the driver walked out of the car almost with no injuries and phoned the emergency services himself.

Quote, originally posted by Ian [email protected] »

What you see is what you get, i.e. there was no cutting of the vehicle prior to the pictures being taken.
It is my brother-in-law that you see holding the mobile phone, he honestly doesn't know the speed that he was going at but wasn't near as fast as he has done in the past on that particular part of the road.
Although the road was completely dry he said that it felt he was on ice and the car just careened into the tree. He actually called the emergency services and climbed out of the car by himself, he spent only a couple of hours in hospital, apart from a few minor scratches he got a bandage around his little finger, I told him if he's not already religious he should take it up ASAP!
The car WAS a pristine RS6 ABT, I was supposed to pick it up that very day to borrow it from him for a week as I've always wanted to try out the ABT version. He really should have simply told me that he didn't want me to drive his car I'm so happy he is alive and all in one piece.

Link to a news story in english:
http://www.station.lu/newsDetails.cfm?id=16233

Modified by eeki at 12:20 PM 3-2-2007

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Re: Crazy crash - RS6 in half (eeki)

Quote, originally posted by eeki »

Crazy thing about this is that the driver walked out of the car almost with no injuries and phoned the emergency services himself.

Unreal.

·
Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast!
22 Frontier 21 C2S 16 A8 88 16v Scirocco
12,585 Posts
Re: Crazy crash - RS6 in half (Michael K)

is he going to have anything from the law? jail? ticket?
thank god he is ok

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
Re: Crazy crash - RS6 in half (Nautiliux_vag)

first thought after seeing the 1st and 2nd pic...
DAMN that's a lot of wires that connect the front and back!

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
Re: Crazy crash - RS6 in half (vag-tan-klan)

Quote, originally posted by vag-tan-klan »
Good thing he was alone in the car.

Thinking the same thing...

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Re: Crazy crash - RS6 in half (WhitePoloCT)

Is all I can say ...
These pics prove the theory that in whatever accident, the driver's seat is the safest place in the entire car as the driver will protect himself/herself at all cost. (there is better wording for this theory but I am still at awe just looking at these pics!)

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Re: Crazy crash - RS6 in half (TopSpeed)

Quote, originally posted by TopSpeed »

Is all I can say ...
These pics prove the theory that in whatever accident, the driver's seat is the safest place in the entire car as the driver will protect himself/herself at all cost. (there is better wording for this theory but I am still at awe just looking at these pics!)

The only reason the driver's seat is intact is that the car happened to hit the tree at an angle where the seat was not in the way. If the tree sawed through the engine bay like that, it's going to go through sheet metal and door beams just as easy. Did I just miss your sarcasm?

·
Registered
31,480 Posts
Re: Crazy crash - RS6 in half (helement2003)

Quote, originally posted by helement2003 »

DAMN that's a lot of wires that connect the front and back!

It would seem that is the only thing that connects the front and the back

·
Registered
2 Turbo Wagons.
16,497 Posts
Re: Crazy crash - RS6 in half (Silly_me)

From the inside, that wheel looks inside-out.

I think this is the first thing I've seen on the Vortex that wasn't a re-post.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Re: Crazy crash - RS6 in half (gas, meet foot)

Quote, originally posted by gas, meet foot »

The only reason the driver's seat is intact is that the car happened to hit the tree at an angle where the seat was not in the way. If the tree sawed through the engine bay like that, it's going to go through sheet metal and door beams just as easy. Did I just miss your sarcasm?

He's not saying that the car is stronger around the driver's seat... rather that in the split second before the car hits the tree (or anything for that matter) the driver is the only one who can do anything about it. Therefore, they will do whatever they can to protect themselves without regard to the other passengers in the car, making the drivers seat the safest one to be in...

·
Registered
'22 Maverick. '03 9-3, '67 Fairlady
20,209 Posts
Re: Crazy crash - RS6 in half (eeki)

Its usually not good to be able to see your taillights from the driver's seat.

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
Re: Crazy crash - RS6 in half (VDub2625)

I'm surprised no-one else said it...
That'll buff right out!

1 - 20 of 147 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.