VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where to begin...

So I decided to purchase a brand new 2020 Jetta GLI Autobahn, 6 speed manual, black package. I spoke with a dealer here in North Georgia: AutoNation VW Mall of Georgia. They told me that the car was a bit hard to find, but were able to "secure" one for me that was headed to another dealership. So I signed all the paperwork and completed the deal. The car was at Port of Houston for about a week waiting to be released to carrier. When it finally was, for some reason it went to the other dealership in Texas instead of straight to my dealership. This made me nervous, so I spoke with my rep, who then called the other dealership and got them to put away the key in a bag with my name on it.

Two days pass and I hadn't heard anything so I reached out again and the my sales rep told me that something had happened and needed to talk. They basically told me that there was some miscommunication with the other dealer, and the dealer had SOLD MY CAR to someone else over the weekend. At this point, I was extremely pissed... they said "this never happens" and that they were scrambling to figure out what to do.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Finally, the next day they told me they were able to secure another car for me, and that this car would be shipping directly to my dealership. That was 1 week ago. Apparently this car has been at Port of Houston since late July and is part of some "extra stock" that they keep on hand for some reason. I keep reaching out to my dealer, but they say there are no updates as to when it is being shipped... basically NO ETA. He hinted at the fact that it could take a week or it could take a MONTH to get here. I am struggling to understand how this is even possible. I'm stressed out by this whole experience, and I am curious if there are any professionals here that could help me understand this situation a bit more, or who could give me advice on what (if anything) I can do to speed up the process. It seems like, at this point, they just don't really care that much about getting me the car I paid for. They already have my contract signed, and there is very little incentive to get the car to me quickly.

Has anyone else experience something like this? What should I expect? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Alex

·
Registered
8,637 Posts
Where to begin...

So I decided to purchase a brand new 2020 Jetta GLI Autobahn, 6 speed manual, black package. I spoke with a dealer here in North Georgia: AutoNation VW Mall of Georgia. They told me that the car was a bit hard to find, but were able to "secure" one for me that was headed to another dealership. So I signed all the paperwork and completed the deal. The car was at Port of Houston for about a week waiting to be released to carrier. When it finally was, for some reason it went to the other dealership in Texas instead of straight to my dealership. This made me nervous, so I spoke with my rep, who then called the other dealership and got them to put away the key in a bag with my name on it.

Two days pass and I hadn't heard anything so I reached out again and the my sales rep told me that something had happened and needed to talk. They basically told me that there was some miscommunication with the other dealer, and the dealer had SOLD MY CAR to someone else over the weekend. At this point, I was extremely pissed... they said "this never happens" and that they were scrambling to figure out what to do.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Finally, the next day they told me they were able to secure another car for me, and that this car would be shipping directly to my dealership. That was 1 week ago. Apparently this car has been at Port of Houston since late July and is part of some "extra stock" that they keep on hand for some reason. I keep reaching out to my dealer, but they say there are no updates as to when it is being shipped... basically NO ETA. He hinted at the fact that it could take a week or it could take a MONTH to get here. I am struggling to understand how this is even possible. I'm stressed out by this whole experience, and I am curious if there are any professionals here that could help me understand this situation a bit more, or who could give me advice on what (if anything) I can do to speed up the process. It seems like, at this point, they just don't really care that much about getting me the car I paid for. They already have my contract signed, and there is very little incentive to get the car to me quickly.

Has anyone else experience something like this? What should I expect? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Alex
Get me a VIN and I can look it up

·
Registered
8,637 Posts
Here is the VIN: 3VW5T7BUXLM056130

Thank you!!! :)
Well that car is assigned to AutoNation VW Mall of Georgia and they werent lying when they said its been sitting at TX port since July. This is very strange that its been there that long with no status changes.

I would suggest finding another car. In the southeast region there are 7 cars available. If you want to give up the black package, theres a couple pure gray
white - 3VW5T7BU5LM079525 - flow vw durham
white - 3VW5T7BU6LM095975 - vw south miss
black - 3VW5T7BU0LM069064 - walker vw
red - 3VW5T7BU8LM067031 - Southern Volkswagen Greenbrier
red -
3VW5T7BUXLM088673 - bob boast vw
red - 3VW5T7BU3LM092256 - checkered flag vw
red - 3VW5T7BU9LM091449 - flow vw wilmington

pure gray no black package 3VW5T7BU5LM070131 Volkswagen of Orange Park
pure gray no black package 3VW5T7BU5LM084465 Fitzgerald Volkswagen

Pure gray w/ black package -
3VW5T7BU6LM094244 - Andy Mohr Volkswagen of Avon
Pure gray w/ black package 3VW5T7BU7LM094298 Hewlett Volkswagen
Pure gray w/ black package 3VW5T7BU8LM094780 Tom Wood Volkswagen

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that car is assigned to AutoNation VW Mall of Georgia and they werent lying when they said its been sitting at TX port since July. This is very strange that its been there that long with no status changes.

I would suggest finding another car. In the southeast region there are 7 cars available. If you want to give up the black package, theres a couple pure gray
white - 3VW5T7BU5LM079525 - flow vw durham
white - 3VW5T7BU6LM095975 - vw south miss
black - 3VW5T7BU0LM069064 - walker vw
red - 3VW5T7BU8LM067031 - Southern Volkswagen Greenbrier
red -
3VW5T7BUXLM088673 - bob boast vw
red - 3VW5T7BU3LM092256 - checkered flag vw
red - 3VW5T7BU9LM091449 - flow vw wilmington

pure gray no black package 3VW5T7BU5LM070131 Volkswagen of Orange Park
pure gray no black package 3VW5T7BU5LM084465 Fitzgerald Volkswagen

Pure gray w/ black package -
3VW5T7BU6LM094244 - Andy Mohr Volkswagen of Avon
Pure gray w/ black package 3VW5T7BU7LM094298 Hewlett Volkswagen
Pure gray w/ black package 3VW5T7BU8LM094780 Tom Wood Volkswagen
THANK YOU very much for your effort here. I really really appreciate it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The insanity continues... Even though it said the dealer delivery date was yesterday, the car never came yesterday, and it’s not there today. At this point I can’t imagine what the hell is going on, but the whole thing is a logistical nightmare.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still don’t have my car. Yesterday they told me it was on a truck on the way from Port of Houston and that they were hopeful it would come in today... now they are telling me it won’t be here til late next week. I just cannot imagine what the hell is happening.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Still don’t have my car. Yesterday they told me it was on a truck on the way from Port of Houston and that they were hopeful it would come in today... now they are telling me it won’t be here til late next week. I just cannot imagine what the hell is happening.
That really sucks they’re giving you the run around on this. I bought my arteon from them, but the car was already on the lot, and they were, for the most part, manageable to deal with, so this is surprising to hear. Regardless, you’re the customer, and having ready signed something, they should be bending over backwards to get this resolved ASAP. IMO, you need to call autonation corporate like yesterday, and tell them the whole ordeal. Explain that this is completely ridiculous, and if they don’t have the car here in the deadline you want, you’re taking your business elsewhere. And that’s the end of it. Sales are down right now across the country. I’m astounded they’ve let it go on this long.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.