VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK...all of a sudden there is this ANNOYING SQUEEK right behind my left ear in my Rado!! It's really loud when I go over bumps!! and it's p*ssing me off!! http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif Anyone know what this could be?? thanks, Daner

[Modified by vr6dubsta, 9:08 AM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
16,253 Posts
Re: CRAZY SQUEEK??!!! (vr6dubsta)

Rear wheel bearing's castltine nut. I bet its loose. I had this same squeek when I had the interior of the car stripped out. I found it two weeks later when the wife drove the car up the NY and I was following in the truck. It wasn't until I was right next to the wheel with the window down that I found the location. an 1/8 of a turn later and no squeeks. I had the exact same noises that you described but could not put my finger on the squeek. I about had an acident trying to loacte it while going over bumps

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: CRAZY SQUEEK??!!! (G60ING)

this sounds like it's right behind my ear....it's really loud. How do I check the wheel bearing??

·
Registered
16,253 Posts

first go through the rest of the car looking for a squeek. seats, interior body panals, sunroof, rear hatch. lift the car up and shake the wheel and feel for any play. There wasn't any play in mine but I continued the inspection and tightend the nut a little and bam squeek gone. You'll need to remove the rim then the dust cover and cotter pin. tighten the nut to the bentley specs and put everything back together.

·
Registered
7,783 Posts

i had one of those squeeks for about a month finally found out its was some crap in a box in my trunk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts