VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Re: Crazylegs' Corrado (cramer)

The car was taken a little over 3 weeks ago, and driven into the ground. The brake fade was terrible when I drove it home this afternoon.
They found it somewhere with the drivers window down, and it soaked inside and all moldy. The stereo is gone with amps and a full NOS bottle, plenty of body damage where they pried the drivers door open.
It is a real mess and I am not looking forward to trying to put it all back together again. There was not that much taken so it was not totaled.
I picked up the car from the yard where it was towed to at about 12:00 this afternoon, and then drove it home from work at about 5:00, that is why you saw it on the road. The last time I saw it was a bit over 3 weeks ago so If you saw it before today on the road then it was not me that was driving it.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
Re: Crazylegs' Corrado (crazy-legs)

Is your insurance company going to cover the cost of replacement parts and so on? If so then maybe it's time for some sparco or Recaro goodies, along with some other parts.
James

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Re: Crazylegs' Corrado (EchoOfGecko)

I am not going to have my insurance cover it this time, I am really trying to keep my rates down.
Many of the guys in the Corrado forum have donated parts to fix it up and I really appreciate their help.
I for sure am glad that I was introduced to Vortex.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Re: Crazylegs' Corrado (EchoOfGecko)

quote:[HR][/HR]That blows. Bunch of savages in this town. Anyway, good luck getting her back together. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif [HR][/HR]​
Sucks... but it's not that bad. If it was the SF Bay area... IF you're lucky enough to find the car again, you'd find it in bits and pieces.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Re: Crazylegs' Corrado (crazy-legs)

John, a comprehensive(theft,vandalism) claim won't increase your insurance rates. This incident was totally out of your control so your rates shouldn't change. Now an collision claim would be a different story. Talk to your insurance agent.
Hope you get your car back together.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.