VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chrome trim rub strips in 04´s Jettas

Is anybody here with problems in the chrome trim rub strips from 2004 Jetta???? (besides the way they look)

This morning I opened the pass. side back door in my Alaska Green Jetta, and the chrome trim peel off just a little to rub with the closed front door and bend about 3 inches...

First visit to the dealership for a warranty claim, and the guy from the bodyshop dept. told me this is a common issue on some 04´s, but others can't ask for a warranty repair because they have hit their strips.
Anyway, I'll have to wait about 3 weeks before the new chrome strip ships, because its a hard to find part.

I'll upload some pics of the damage later in lunch time.

BTW, this is my first post in this forums, excuse my english I'm from Mexico not everyday language.

Modified by Comfy at 10:22 PM 2-17-2004

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Re: Crome trim rub strips in 04´s Jettas (Comfy)

Quote, originally posted by Comfy »

Is anybody here with problems in the chrome trim rub strips from 2004 Jetta???? (besides the way they look)

This morning I opened the pass. side back door in my Alaska Green Jetta, and the chrome trim peel off just a little to rub with the closed front door and bend about 3 inches...

First visit to the dealership for a warranty claim, and the guy from the bodyshop dept. told me this is a common issue on some 04´s, but others can't ask for a warranty repair because they have hit their strips.
Anyway, I'll have to wait about 3 weeks before the new chrome strip ships, because its a hard to find part.

I'll upload some pics of the damage later in lunch time.

BTW, this is my first post in this forums, excuse my english I'm from Mexico not everyday language.

Your English is far better than most of the natives on here- I don't know if you look at that as a good thing or a bad thing.

I haven't heard of this issue yet, but I'm glad to hear that the dealership is working with you to get the issue resolved satisfactorily.
Oh, welcome to the 'tex!
Always remember. . .

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
I dunno, if I were you I would ask them to replace the chrome rub strips with a non chrome strip from a 2003... Probably more durable and I prefer the look!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (AllCityDubs)

Quote, originally posted by AllCityDubs »
I dunno, if I were you I would ask them to replace the chrome rub strips with a non chrome strip from a 2003... Probably more durable and I prefer the look!

Can I ask this free of charge?

I think they´ll replace ONLY the bended strip... (passenger side back door)
Besides, I'm kinda feeling the look in a dark color like this:

(Thanks AlaskaGreen)
I have the exactly the same car, GLS, (Comfortline for Mexico), 2.0, Auto, Alaska Green on Beige Velour, etc. just without the mudflaps...

Anyway, I notice that the other door is starting to peel off too, maybe by the time the new strip ships I'll ask to get replaced all of them and maybe for a not chrome ones.
I can't imagine how this chrome strips will resist our 48°C summer!!!

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Yeah I guess it doesnt look all that bad! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif I really like how they incorperated the passat gauges inside aswell!! Looks real good!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts