VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will soon be driving from PA to CA. i'm having my timing belt and water pump changed, and i'm doing an oil change before i leave. anything else to consider, in order to have a nice trip? car is a 2003 GTI 1.8t

·
Registered
386 Posts
I took a drive across the country in my Impala SS a few months back, my biggest recommendation is to make sure you have at least one bottle of every fluid your car takes (oil, transmission, steering, brake, etc). You may not need to touch one bit of it, but you'll be glad you have it if you do. Make sure to bring a spare serpentine belt and the proper wrench to change it. Have at least one towel and be sure to bring a bag of basic hand tools.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
i jus drove from ny to colorado in an 03 gti it had 105 k miles on it without the timing belt done or anyhting. shes pretty reliable, didnt give me any problems whatsoever. have fun man, it's a boring ass drive. bring madd cd's

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'll be going with my dad. moving accross country ftw. plus she'll finally sit lower than stock with all that weight in the back! and thanks for the fluid tips. wouldn't have thought of that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts