VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is pissing me off...when i am driving and I go to turn the cruise control on it won't...I know it works because once in a while....after I've cranked the heat under the dash for the foot warmer, it engages and works, then it works, then it stops....

I asked the VW guys and they said it has something to do with the vacuum lines, What do I do
What am i looking for
Are there vaccuum lines going to the steering wheel stocks?

Help!!!!

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
Re: Cruise control cutting in and out (luvtheblackdub)

There's a few little switches at the top of the pedals that tell the cruise control to turn off if you hit the brake or clutch, etc... make sure they are properly adjusted. You can just spin them to adjust 'em.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Re: Cruise control cutting in and out (luvtheblackdub)

I am having the same problem. It started by cutting off on its own now and then, and progressively got worse. Now it only engages about 10% of the time. I suspect soon it will not work at all.

·
Registered
86 Posts
mine did that a long time ago while it was still under warranty. The Stealership replaced the switch on the steering wheel and that did not help. It took them four tries before they finally fixed it, then they claimed the "cruise control module" needed replaced.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Re: (jrl_1644)

Everyone knows the cruise control modules go after a while. Just like coil packs and window regulators. Daemon42 has the most experience with this, and has posted to the library with the necessary tests. Mine is gone too and in need of replacement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts