VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Re: Cruise control switch went bad... how do I replace it? (6CYLINDER)

The dealer "could" be right about te price. I had the same problem on my truck that I had and the only way to get it fixed was to replace the whole assembly (blinker lever and all) which ran me 400 dollars for the part alone. I went to a friend of mine that works at a garage and thought that I could save some money instead of going to the dealership the only thing that i saved out on was labor.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Re: Cruise control switch went bad... how do I replace it? (Kitzero)

my cruise control went and the dealer said just a bulb (maybe the brake light)
was out and that turns off the CC
double check this it might just be a safety measure thing and your CC is fine

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Re: Cruise control switch went bad... how do I replace it? (6CYLINDER)

When I did my eurocluster upgrade I had to replace the wiper stalk and it was about $110. I would expect the CC to be about the same. The install would require removing your steering wheel but other than that it is very streight forward. I would make sure it is the switch before you start buying parts.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Cruise control switch went bad... how do I replace it? (BoraSport)

quote:[HR][/HR]When I did my eurocluster upgrade I had to replace the wiper stalk and it was about $110. I would expect the CC to be about the same.[HR][/HR]​
The dealer quoted me $66 for the switch.
quote:[HR][/HR]The install would require removing your steering wheel but other than that it is very streight forward.[HR][/HR]​
This is pretty much what I am looking for directions on. Anyone removed the steering wheel and CC stalk before? I have the 3-spoke steering wheel if that matters.
quote:[HR][/HR]I would make sure it is the switch before you start buying parts.[HR][/HR]​
The dealer showed me a printed piece of paper with a code I guess they got from my car being hooked to a VAG COM or something. Said "Invalid signal from cruise control switch". I'm figuring that means it is the switch, but any other ideas would be great. I'd love to find out it was just a bulb or something dumb.
Thanks again guys (and girls)

[Modified by 6CYLINDER, 5:50 PM 12-4-2001]

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Re: Cruise control switch went bad... how do I replace it? (dygoro)

quote:[HR][/HR]my cruise control went and the dealer said just a bulb (maybe the brake light)
was out and that turns off the CC
double check this it might just be a safety measure thing and your CC is fine[HR][/HR]​
maaaann!! Thanks for this tip! I took half my dash apart to find out I had two burned out brake lights. DOH!! CC works now...
vwvortex rules!!

·
Banned
3,143 Posts
Re: Cruise control switch went bad... how do I replace it? (volks25)

DM VW of freehold nj was supposed to replace my cruise control which broke within my first month of owning the car but i missed my appointment to have it installed and they sent my part back to the vw part distribution center <which i work right across from in cranbury nj> its such a huge part that they dont have any place to store it at their dealership, right? its funny how their billboards no longer boast about their great customer service, now they re going for the lowest price angle...
D_J

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.