VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i got up early this morning (3:00 a.m.) to look out the window to see someone breaking into my car. i chased him off with my trusty baseballbat with a railroad spike through it.(every family should own one. after looking over the damages. i have 1 missing sony xploder amp and sub. a brand new momo shift knob i got 2 days ago, and 1 broken door lock and to add insult to injury a missing rear vw emblem. i stopped him before he got to the hu. now i have a few questions while i start the healing process.
1. what do i need to remove to take off the front passenger side door panel, the pin for the lock was either broken off or it fell inside because i can't see it.
2. i'm removing my side lights. bout how much would a body shop charge me to get them to weld on a piece of metal over the holes and grind it smooth?
3. anyone have a link to somewhere that i can buy an actuator(sp?) for my trunk cause i wanna shave the lock?
damn this sucks

[Modified by atac, 5:24 PM 11-28-2001]

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Re: crying time (illusion a2 jetta)

Nail
quote:[HR][/HR]I wish you had nailed him too!
What a bummer http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
nailed = assault.
detained = arrested
option 2 would of helped.[HR][/HR]​
but imagine how good it would feel.. I caught a scumbag in my car trying to take it.. I got to him,, while in the car.. and he got the biggest ass kicking..To bad it was a hype, and even if he was detained.. would of been better locked up.SOB broke both quarter windows.. and at the time, i was so broke,, had to drive without windows for about 2 weeks.
but i got my satisfaction

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Re: crying time (illusion a2 jetta)

No officer, I think he fell while he was running away. I don't know how he got that gash in his forehead. I would never hit him.
As for the door panel, it comes off with a phillips head. There are two on each edge; trailing and leading. Pull the surround for the inside handle off, pry out the middle of the pull handle to expose the remaining two screws that hold the panel on. Oh, there is also one behind the window crank if you have manual windows.
Tuning zubhedor has a bunch of actuators for de-locking.
Where in P.G. county are you? I'm starting to get worried becuase it seems like it has been too long without incident for me. As for my security, the Hella triple airhorns relayed into my alarm seem to do the 100db+ trick. If my alarm goes off, everyone in my neighborhood knows. You might want to look into something like that.
Pat

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Re: crying time (tnesh)

quote:[HR][/HR]
imagine how good it would feel.. I caught a scumbag in my car trying to take it.. I got to him,, while in the car.. and he got the biggest ass kicking..To bad it was a hype, and even if he was detained.. would of been better locked up.SOB broke both quarter windows.. and at the time, i was so broke,, had to drive without windows for about 2 weeks.
.. [HR][/HR]​
When you catch him, Tie him up in the basement and get all of the Vortex'ers whose cars have been violated in one way or another and make and example outta him... THEN... maybe the cops can have'em.
kinda violnet today...maybe i need to drive the dub alittle tonight....
Kritter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.