VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
15,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey... i was wondering if anyone knew of a trustyworthy machine shop in S.E.C.T. that has experience with german engines (no "V8 Hot Rod" guys) I'm starting an engine rebuild and i need to get my block cleaned up checked out etc. and i need some head work done. Theres a machine shop right here in groton, but i see mostly american metal outside. Any suggestions?
/Bill

· Banned
778 Posts
Re: CT Machine Shops? (evilrobot0)

My machinist is mainly a V8 guy also but he knows his sh*t. Does his research and I have never had a problem with him doing my cyl heads or even decking, boring, honings, align honing the mains in any of my blocks. Just make sure the guy you go to understands what you want done and is willing to listen to you.

· Registered
1,542 Posts
GCR specialties is in Clinton. small shop does alot of sick race V8's. really good guy. works on 4 bangers a good amount too. knows his stuff.
Kiwi Motorsports in Old Saybrook is supposted to be real good as well. my buddy brought his rabbit engine there to get work done and he was pleased. lot of honda kids go there too.
but those are kinda far from groton.

· Registered
15,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (vagrant_mugen)

Old Saybrook and Clinton arent too far for me at all... i think Somers might be. Anyone ever heard of Eriksson Industries in Old Saybrook? The guy at Foreign Car Parts in Groton suggested them to me.
Thanks for all of the input my regional forum hasent got a response in almost 2 weeks!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.