VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. Week and a bit ago I put an intake and turbo inlet pipe on his golf R. Both CTS. What we couldn't figure out is where the vac hose goes. Is it important to connect? There's a nipple on the 3" pipe but the hose doesn't seem to reach.
Now hes getting CEL for an intake manifold or intake code (can't remember, I wasn't there). Would the CEL code be related to this at all?

Is the vac hose just supposed to dangle now? Thanks

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
243 Posts
So helpful!

I obviously read the instructions many times. However, the Golf R does not require a breather filter as it does not have SAI. Therefore there is no connection for the vac hose to connect to that I can find other than the nippe on the intake pipe
When I received my CTS intake (moddedeuros.com) for my R there was an extra piece of vacuum hose and a plastic piece to join to the original factory vacuum hose. The new hose that comes with the intake attaches to the bung on the bottom of the intake pipe and the plastic joining piece pushes into the factory hose and your done.

You can see it in the bottom of the picture I attached of the setup.

Hopefully that helps and if for some reason you did not get that with your intake (you should have) Autozone or a place like that carries vacuum hose and plastic joining pieces that you could quickly fab something up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts