VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's another obligatory cup kit thread... I'm dropping her 60/40, just wondering where a cheap place to get this might be. The "Official Cup Kit Thread" is out dated...half the prices are wrong. Anyone special i might want to get these from? I'd like to spend no more than $500 total with hardware and all that.
Also, I just got my suitcase cut out, space looked kinda tight, anyone ever have problems with the rear sub frame hitting the exhaust when lowered? Am i gonna have to have that adjusted when i get this?
pic for views...

· Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Cup kit advice (Franco...)

Quote, originally posted by Franco... »
my advice is don't waste your time and money with a cupkit. i did and wish i wouldn't have done it. if you must http://www.goingfast.com has a FK 60/40 kit for like $400

Well here's the deal... I'm in college, I'm poor. Thats all Im spending money on. No I'm not saving for coilovers. **** that. **** anyone that suggests that, I didn't ask about it. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
So far goingfast has the cheapest price i've seen. I assume I'll need mounting hardware as well with that would i be correct? if so what and where might i get it.

· Registered
199 Posts
Re: Cup kit advice (brobsrabbit)

Quote, originally posted by brobsrabbit »
I love my cupkit.. I would hate to be any lower
H+R baby

same here! i love my H&R 60/40. it really made sense for me as i'm too lazy to adjust the height of my coilovers on my own, and too poor to buy awesome big/wide wheels that would require coilovers to have a correct stance.
i got mine at http://www.parts4vws.com. they've got a great price now, $579
http://www.parts4vws.com/catal...6%2E3
i also got the 'suspension refresh kit' from them with new bump stops, bushings etc for $100.

· Registered
10,913 Posts
Re: Cup kit advice (tyrantanic)

Quote, originally posted by tyrantanic »
I assume I'll need mounting hardware as well with that would i be correct? if so what and where might i get it.

You wont need hardware but it is highly recomended that you replace your strut mounts and bearings when you change your suspension... as far as hardware goes, it'll use the same bolts on your stock suspension.
You can get a suspension refresh kit from Parts4vws for about $100, definitely well worth the money... if you're trying to get a whole set up for $500 your best bet is to check the classifieds or wait and save more money b/c that's really limiting you, also remember you'll need an alignment once it's installed which is another $60-$80 depending on the shops near you... definitely dont cheap out on anything, you'll be much better off doing it right the first time.

· Registered
2,156 Posts
Re: Cup kit advice (LI_HXC_VR6)

IMOP(15 different VWs with every kind of suspension you could imadgine) H&R is the best out there, pretty low, rides and handles great..............Don't bother with coilovers unless you can afford the nicer ones, and even then there overkill for most people.

Modified by civcklr at 2:54 PM 3-13-2006

· Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Cup kit advice (civcklr)

Quote, originally posted by civcklr »
IMOP(15 different VWs with every kind of suspension you could imadgine) H&R is the best out there, pretty low, rides and handles great..............Don't bother with coilovers unless you can afford the nicer ones, and even then there overkill for most people.

Thats what I was thinking, coilovers, for the price, are a little over the top IMHO....for my applications anyways. I just went out in a break in the rain we had today to put the 15mm spacers on in the rear... last step is to paint the rear wheels flat black like the front two and call it a day...
Whats been done so far...
smoked side markers w/ turn signal mod..
gti tails
oem fogs
rear fog light
euroswitch w/ rheostat/front/rear fog opts
9 band eq relocated to center console cup area
radar detector hard wired to power (turns on when i put the key in)
15mm spacers rear
swiss cheese air box
suitcase cut out
stuff to come very soon:
Cup Kit (60/40)
Smoked turns/dummies
Red tow hook thru the dummy panel
smoked ecodes w/ rheostat control
tinted windows...maybe
repaint of some misc stuff i derusted a day or two ago...

Pics of the wheels while painting and finished... only got the front two done...one was some chromeishsilvercolor..... and the other was black so it was easy... the rear two are both silverish...

kristen... you have no idea how hungry i was when i got this... these were gone in about 1 minute...

heres the spacers from crm98 and the lugs from parts4vws

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif stay tuned

· Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (jlajoie03)

Quote, originally posted by jlajoie03 »
im sent..how much were the spacers and bolts?

I bought the spacers off of a guy on the tex in the classifieds, $70 shipped for them.... you can usually buy them new for $70 then shipping on top of that. It's just a piece of metal, didn't really matter if it was new or used. You will need new bolts though, i just hit up the pottermans for those. Plus you get candy

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.