VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my cupholders are the worst design i can imagine for a car...
is there another form of them that can be purchased?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
the achilles ankle of the audi.....the cupholders.
i believe that there are some cupholders that go on the panel next to the passenger's left leg that come from a passat. correct me if im wrong

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Re: (verb.move)

Quote, originally posted by verb.move »
the achilles ankle of the audi.....the cupholders.
i believe that there are some cupholders that go on the panel next to the passenger's left leg that come from a passat. correct me if im wrong

Yeah, from the B4 Passats. I used to have one... Some of the best cupholders ever. Unless you leave them open and someone steps on them getting in.

·
Banned
7,047 Posts
Re: (gregg3gs)

i don't know about you, but i have the nifty fold out in dash one. i'll let my passengers fumble for the ones under the arm rest.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
all i have are two useless 2" diameter shallow holes under my armrest. thats all.
so if i have a waterbottle, it tends to find itself on the floor or in the door pockets.

·
17,317 Posts
Re: (TallaiMan)

Quote, originally posted by TallaiMan »

Yeah, from the B4 Passats. I used to have one... Some of the best cupholders ever. Unless you leave them open and someone steps on them getting in.

x2. I have that installed in my corrado. They're great. Nice to have those bevs out of plain sight too.

·
Registered
19,732 Posts
Re: (threethirteen)

Quote, originally posted by threethirteen »
wait...robby's a moderator? http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

I needed help.
No really, I do after what kind of question I hear around these parts. I start treatment next week.

Modified by HarvVAG at 7:40 PM 10-18-2006

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Re: (TallaiMan)

you should know by now that cupholders in german cars just suck. go by yourself a nalgene bottle from REI or EMS and fill it with the beverage of you choice and not worry about anything ever spilling in your car again.

·
17,317 Posts
Re: ([email protected])

Nalgenes sit very niceley between the front seats of most cars... shouldn't end up on the floor all that often.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Re: (robbyb413)

i sit mine between the seat and door...just make sure the cap is tight. i think i would still use that even if the cupholders were good.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
The cup holder that pops out above the radio is the WORSE design ever. All the condensation that drips from your drink lands right on the radio and A/C controls. Worthless.
I like the cup holders under the arm rest. But, then again, I don't need a 62 oz "Big Gulp" drink when I'm drivin' around town either.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Re: (Chris164935)

Quote, originally posted by Chris164935 »
The cup holder that pops out above the radio is the WORSE design ever. All the condensation that drips from your drink lands right on the radio and A/C controls.

haha, i never thought of that...i always wanted to switch out my dash for a 99.5+...not anymore.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts