VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts
Re: (Elballoonrat)

Quote, originally posted by Elballoonrat »
if you guys think the audi a4 cup holders are bad, find someone with a 940 volvo. their are no cupholders, or so it appears...when you flip down the glove compartment their are 2 circles maybe a couple mm deep that you are supposed to set drinks on, im assuming while not driving. but it is still pretty funny they wasted their time on the tooling for such a useless item.

what about the early mk3... had the similar golve box one on the models with the upper glove box... (only like maybe 1/2" deep) and then the 2 underneath the ac..... which were only big enough for a regular soda can.... not even the tall ones like a coors can for instance... redick... however... luckily for us.. its illegal in many parts of europe to even have a beverage in the front seat... so looks like we will be struggling with thie problem for time to come

i like that solution though id hate to have the arm rest down while driving, its completely in the way for shifting. that plus the arm rest lid is just begging to be knocked off. i already have it glued together

center console cellphone cupholder

I've got a 96 A4quattro, and i was wondering about a cupholder mod. I've heard that some b5's came with a center phone. i've seen people remove this and make deeper, usuable cupholders. What i'm wondering is if this console will directly swap with my current 96 console. if so, anyone got a part #.. thanks for lookin, dont forget your hat.

Re: center console cellphone cupholder (mk2 16v turbo)

Are you refering to doing something like the picture a few posts up in the thread I merged yours into since you didn't take the time to check the FAQ/DIY for this thread? Based on your discription I think that's the answer to your question.
If that's not your answer, find a pic of a newer a4's center console as THAT is your answer.

Re: (mk2 16v turbo)

Quote, originally posted by mk2 16v turbo »
saw these in another thread... would be sweet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lECgA9hVZag

Looks cool, but there's a reason they're broken in every SAAB you sit in.

Quote, originally posted by VReihenmotor6 »

I think those are the same cupholders that came with one of my fooseball tables. Beyond the fooseball table and the car you can screw them to your wall right next to your bed to have your brew handy at all times. That way you can just fold them out, and drop your beer in it when you want to do other bed-centric activities while avoiding spillage.

Re: (mk2 16v turbo)

I used these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...dZ1

cause I have a blue dash, and I wanted a low profile part when it closed
the navy color ones are pretty close match to the dash

I think the fisher ones a better designed, but they are a bit too "thick" when folded and weren't the right color for my tastes
http://www.ultimatecupholders.....html
btw, that ultamate cupholder guy said he was working on something that could fit the A$ but he wasn't sure when it would be done so I opted for this option instead

Re: (VReihenmotor6)

Quote, originally posted by robbyb413 »
I think those are the same cupholders that came with one of my fooseball tables. Beyond the fooseball table and the car you can screw them to your wall right next to your bed to have your brew handy at all times. That way you can just fold them out, and drop your beer in it when you want to do other bed-centric activities while avoiding spillage.

wow im considering that for sig material

Re: cupholders in the a4 (98vrsix)

I was thinking removing the pop-ups and just making new permanent holders? I mean if we're working on cars we've got to be fairly good with tools. Plus I rarely ever drink anything when I'm driving, I usually just use the holders for my phone and such.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.