VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Re: cupholders (arric)

I picked up a small little thing at SuperTrak last month. I'll take some picts, but its a small single cup holder and small tray that folds up, about 1.5" thick when folded. It straps around the headrest and is about shoulder height. I haven't actually used it while driving yet, but it does offer pickup owners something other than the .79 cent cup holder that slides into the window frame. Obviously, a passenger can't be in the seat.
I also have a Volvo V70 cup holder that is a small box that unfolds to hold a can. I was going to screw it to the side of the lower console but its a tad big. It may work if screwed to the driver's side door but could be tight on access.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Re: cupholders (83caddy16v)

At the junkyard one day I found a GTI that had a cupholder from and early '90's Taurus mounted in where the cubbyhole is below the radio. It looked pretty good despite sticking out from the dash a bit.
I have a 99 cent cupholder that I got from Walmart that is identical in design to the ones that VW put in thier Vanagons in the eighties. It folds out and is adjustable to hold a lot of different size cups, works well actually. It must be mounted on a vertical surface so I mounted it on the outside of my glove box and it doesn't look too tacky. Well worth the ability to have a secure cupholder in good reach while your driving.
This kind of seems like a corny subject but for those of us that spend a lot of time in our cars each day, we don't have a lot of options for cupholders in our Rabbits!
Shawn

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Re: cupholders (dignlyf)

I just stuff my cups/cans between the e-brake handle and the passenger seat.
Also, in my white '80 diesel there was a cupholder on the floor in front of the shifter that was self-leveling. It just kinda sat there, and the "cup" where the cup goes was like in a ball socket of sorts. It actually worked, too.

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
Re: cupholders (bluerrrabbit)

quote:[HR][/HR]I just stuff my cups/cans between the e-brake handle and the passenger seat.
Also, in my white '80 diesel there was a cupholder on the floor in front of the shifter that was self-leveling. It just kinda sat there, and the "cup" where the cup goes was like in a ball socket of sorts. It actually worked, too.[HR][/HR]​
cup holder,? i dont need no steenkin cup holder!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.