VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just joined this forum today as I’m in need for some advice. Yesterday some car tried to cut me up whilst driving and I had to break suddenly and ended up hitting a curb quite hard. When I checked my car shortly after I noticed the driver side rear wheel looked bent?? I suspect it’s the rear axle that has been bent but don’t know the specifics. I also think the tracking has gone (or just affected that side) as the car now pulls to the right.
Attaching photos now, but just want to know how difficult this will be to fix AND the cost (in GBP currency). Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks!
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Locking hubs

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Hi guys, just joined this forum today as I’m in need for some advice. Yesterday some car tried to cut me up whilst driving and I had to break suddenly and ended up hitting a curb quite hard. When I checked my car shortly after I noticed the driver side rear wheel looked bent?? I suspect it’s the rear axle that has been bent but don’t know the specifics. I also think the tracking has gone (or just affected that side) as the car now pulls to the right.
Attaching photos now, but just want to know how difficult this will be to fix AND the cost (in GBP currency). Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks! View attachment 127671 View attachment 127672
Let me know if you need a used rear axle, I have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Thanks for getting back to me @KsR_808. Based on the images, do you think the whole of the rear axle will need replacing, or just a few parts ?

I’m still waiting for my mechanic to tell me if he can repair it.
Can’t tell, sorry.

I mention the axles because I am doing an RS3 DAZA swap and I’m using the Audi rear diff, so I don’t think I need my Golf R axles anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 4 of 4 Posts