VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have just spent lots of money on stuff to do a 2.0 16v swap. I bought another scirocco that was already a 16v instead of using my existing 8v. Then i have purchased the motor. i have just spent money for brand new: piston rings, rod bearings, oil pump, arp head fasteners, a complete head set. I am takign my head to a very good machine shop to have them polish the ports and also to install all the crap for the head set. Well today i just ordered a lightweight flywheel, not a lightned flywheel. Well from the friend i ordered it through he said the stock one is about 18 pounds and the lightweight one is around 10. Well with all of this and a gutted cat. converter, what kind of 1/4 mile times should i be running. My neigbor has a 1.8 16v head on a 2.0 bottom end and a gutted cat and that is it and he ran a 14.9 on the track with street tires. What kind of power should i be putting down with this, and what is your guestamated 1/4 mile time. I will aslo have no back seat or back deck lid thing either...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts