VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I will make something clear, in my opinion standards are superior to automatics. Due to the fact that you get better control of RPM, gears,etc... and they are fun to drive!
With that being said, I saw a post the other day where a texer claimed that only 3% (underestimation? Probably) of the ppl who frequent this board drive automatics.
I was wondering which setup you guys preffer and why.
or
Even if you don't preffer it, why do you have that current setup?
In my case, I drive an automatic because I got a steal of a deal on the car (38000 km, $10000 Cdn)
So? Discuss.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Re: Curious to see. Do you drive Auto / Standard? (whtvr)

i prefer a manual but i currently have a auto since i got a great price on the car and fixed it cheaply...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Re: Curious to see. Do you drive Auto / Standard? (bellaheather)

I just bought a 5 speed golf MKIV and love it...mainly cause im 17 and its a bit funner to drive compared to my crappy nissan sentra that was an auto...

·
Registered
943 Posts
Re: Curious to see. Do you drive Auto / Standard? (whtvr)

5sp in canada, due to the fact that the only driver is me.
auto in hongkong, because of traffic and family members drive it too.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
you definitly have WAY more control over your rpms! im not bashing anybody who's got auto, but im just sayin that you really have to know how to drive when you're doin autoX and that kinda stuff.
for example, when you're startin off from a dead stop you have to know how to feather your clutch well to have a non jerky spinless yet powerful take off. takes skill!

·
Registered
9,304 Posts
Re: Curious to see. Do you drive Auto / Standard? (HarrisonC)

Quote, originally posted by HarrisonC »
I just bought a 5 speed golf MKIV and love it...mainly cause im 17 and its a bit funner to drive compared to my crappy nissan sentra that was an auto...

If you're 17 you should probably know that "funner" isn't a word...

I drive a standard and I really don't like driving automatics (even if it's got some kind of sport mode I don't like it much). The DSG VW offers gives me a little satisfaction to drive but it's still not near as fun as a 5/6spd.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Re: (lagunaroone)

Quote, originally posted by lagunaroone »
Auto- is for girls and poosees
Manual- is for cool people.....

BLa BLA BLA!

well i wouldnt judge any girl on vortex! alot of them know their sh*t. generally girls like to go for auto, but thats totally cool. but girls + standard = hot!

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.