VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing the Vortex Resources earlier looking at old car show photos and came upon these three:

I knew I had seen this car somewhere else before. I even dug through my general VW photos folder on my HD and found the first image in there. Funny thing though - I don't remember any excitement about this car, it's features or the design last year when they showed it at Essen. Now all of the sudden they toss out a press release and everyone is in love.
Did I miss something along the way? I mean this concept - I guess that's what it was then - didn't even make the mark in any of the car magazines I regularly read. I'm sure now that production has been announced that more magazines will care but where was the info last year on this car?
Maybe VW just didn't do a very good job back then of explaining that it was more than a Golf with a bodykit??

Anyway - I'd love to buy one but I guess VWoA doesn't think it's worth their trouble to give it to us.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
19,612 Posts
Re: Curious?? Why no fanfare for the Golf R32 when it was orignally shown? (Peloton25)

You don't think there was fanfare?
We ran a poll in the MKIV forum asking if people would pay $30 to 32,000 for this car and got an overwhelming response of about 75% in favor,(out of around 700 votes or so)
I think back then everyone thought of it as a concept car,but now it is actually on sale in europe.
The bad news is that we have no definate answer as to if it's coming or not.
(it could conceivably make it here in two years if we really push for it)
The Good news is that this powertrain configuration will be available for the MKV Golf/Jetta platform.(personally I like the MKIV body style, and haven't really grown fond of any of the MKV 'so-called' spy shots,artist renditions and what not)
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
11,163 Posts
Re: Curious?? Why no fanfare for the Golf R32 when it was orignally shown? (gizmopop)

quote:[HR][/HR](personally I like the MKIV body style, and haven't really grown fond of any of the MKV 'so-called' spy shots,artist renditions and what not)[HR][/HR]​
I agree. I love the A4 golf body. If they were to keep that style and fit it with AWD and more powerful engine, that would rock.
And yeah about the fanfare.......
Vortexers love the R32! I want it here as bad as you guys. But I am thinking, even if they would consider a U.S. release, it would already be time to debut the A5 Golf here in North America.

·
Registered
19,612 Posts
Re: Curious?? Why no fanfare for the Golf R32 when it was orignally shown? (aliengti)

quote:[HR][/HR] Vortexers love the R32! I want it here as bad as you guys. But I am thinking, even if they would consider a U.S. release, it would already be time to debut the A5 Golf here in North America.
[HR][/HR]​
AlienGTI, I hear you man I still think this should be last/ultimate MKIV to be sold in North America, but who knows maybe the MKVs wont be so bad after all. Either way my 'still' future 337 will console me and hold over til then.

http://www.vw.com/VwSFB/feedback/1,1126,,00.html
This link is to email VW.com to let them know of your interest in this car for North America.For everyone who seriously wants this car to come over let VW know.

[Modified by gizmopop, 5:01 PM 6-5-2002]

·
Registered
356 Posts
Re: Curious?? Why no fanfare for the Golf R32 when it was orignally shown? (Peloton25)

the r32 should be the new design instead of the one they have for the mkV

·
Registered
158 Posts
Re: Curious?? Why no fanfare for the Golf R32 when it was orignally shown? (todd howell)

quote:[HR][/HR]the r32 should be the new design instead of the one they have for the mkV[HR][/HR]​
Agreed Totally ... I think all the concepts for the MK5 Look like pure arse ... just my opinion. But I cant be the only one. But I can tell you I wount purchase one. A MK5 that is ... but the R32 is sweet http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
11,163 Posts
Re: Curious?? Why no fanfare for the Golf R32 when it was orignally shown? (gizmopop)

quote:[HR][/HR]
AlienGTI, I hear you man I still think this should be last/ultimate MKIV to be sold in North America, but who knows maybe the MKVs wont be so bad after all. Either way my 'still' future 337 will console me and hold over til then.

http://www.vw.com/VwSFB/feedback/1,1126,,00.html
This link is to email VW.com to let them know of your interest in this car for North America.For everyone who seriously wants this car to come over let VW know.

[HR][/HR]​
Hey Gizmopop Congrats on the 337 http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif That is an awesome car, and with only 1500 units, you know own a piece of VW automotive history

About the R32, yes having it as a last hurrah! for the A4 body would be a great idea. But I doubt VW bean counters would see profits in that. Even though there would be people lined up at the dealer door just to get one. Look at the 337? Do you think VW will change their model release strategies? With the success of the 337, why wouldn't they release the R32 over here. There are buyers, actually lots of them
Wake Up VW
You want our money....Gives us the goods

[Modified by aliengti, 9:02 PM 6-5-2002]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts