VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious as to how much of the mk4 crew is rolling around with a completely different, one-off, non-oem VW paint...
I just got my car painted and since my car no longer has the paint code sticker in the trunk, the shop used a digital paint calibration device and it came out a shade darker, a bunch more flake than your standard galactic blue...and it looks totally sweet
... only problem is that I only got the front end painted and had it blended into the fenders...
crappy pics in the dark:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Re: Custom colored rides? (dragonfli_x)

If you know its Galactic Blue, why didnt you just tell the shop? Not being a d***, but if it were my car, I would be a little upset rolling around with mismatched flake. Even if no one else noticed.

·
Registered
2019 Alltrack-S
11,006 Posts
Re: Custom colored rides? (Oldtype1er)

Quote, originally posted by Oldtype1er »
I would be a little upset rolling around with mismatched flake. Even if no one else noticed.

thats not all i would be dissappointed rolling around with... OP...check the we are 139 thread or the stance thread..plenty of custom colors in there.

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Custom colored rides? (ohiodub_99.5)

Quote, originally posted by Oldtype1er »
If you know its Galactic Blue, why didnt you just tell the shop? Not being a d***, but if it were my car, I would be a little upset rolling around with mismatched flake. Even if no one else noticed.

I was... but when I saw the whole front of the messed up color - I liked it... I'm seriously considering getting the whole car done that messed up color because it looks... mmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
so yea, I was a little miffed that the paint shop couldn't get the right color even though I told them the name, just didn't have the paint code.
just wanted a consolidated thread just for custom colors... not a stance thread, not a we are 139, but all over... I guess it's too much to ask for
- didn't see the we are 139 thread... got a link?

·
Registered
7,763 Posts
Re: Custom colored rides? (Brandon12V)

Quote, originally posted by Brandon12V »
more pics now Mark....

just look at a pic of the hottest jetta, looks like that

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Custom colored rides? (Brandon12V)

I wish!! the car still at the paint shop... I just happened to leave work early enough to stop by right before they closed and shoot a couple with my schitty Celphone camera... Friday, I'll dance "SO Silly."

·
Banned
4,613 Posts
Re: Custom colored rides? (ohiodub_99.5)

Quote, originally posted by ohiodub_99.5 »

thats not all i would be dissappointed rolling around with... OP...check the we are 139 thread or the stance thread..plenty of custom colors in there.

totally agree http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
4,613 Posts
Re: Custom colored rides? (VOLKEDUP)

Quote, originally posted by VOLKEDUP »
http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif whats with that hood?

looks like a vis carbon fiber hood with a scoop http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.