VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long shot due to crickets in here, but does anyone know where I can get custom SS mandrel bends in small quantity?

I bought 4 18* from Columbia River and very satisfied. Now I need 4 75* SS bends in 1.63" OD. I contacted, Burns, Columbia River, and a couple of other places, and they all tell me 50 pcs min for custom bends. :screwy:

I explained that I don't mind paying more for the Custom bends in small quant, but this is prototype and I only need 4 at this time.

I guess when the economy is good, people can be a lot more selective...

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I imagine if you were going to pay extra for just four they'd charge you what it would cost to make 50. Columbia River doesn't ever seem too motivated, even keep their inventory full.

Post some pics of the bends when you get them? I'd be interested in the quality of their bends, I've never ordered from SCR.

·
Registered
224 Posts
is it just that you want to minimize the weld seams? you could buy a doughnut and cut out whatever degree bend you want, but it would need to be welded to a straight piece or flange or whatever immediately or else the piece would begin at 0* or the radius's starting point if you know what I mean. leaving little room for fit-up or error.

·
Registered
12,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Forgot to update this..

I imagine if you were going to pay extra for just four they'd charge you what it would cost to make 50. Columbia River doesn't ever seem too motivated, even keep their inventory full.

Post some pics of the bends when you get them? I'd be interested in the quality of their bends, I've never ordered from SCR.
Very very pleased in the quality and highly recommend SCR.

·
Registered
22,371 Posts
Should be using schedule and making the cuts to build the bends you need for the entire manifold.

This is a production unit for power house racing, 2jz. Yup, some dude in a home shop that no one suspects builds these.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts