VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I'm looking to install a sub in my trunk by the driver side wheel well. does anyone have any pictures of this done, how much it cost, if you made the box yourself, and if so what you did. Help much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Re: Custom sound systems. (mick_vain)

Cramer did mine, he is local to you, and did an amaizing job. He and Jamie both worked like dogs on it and it turned out wonderful!

[Modified by crazy-legs, 9:29 PM 9-26-2002]

·
Registered
20,452 Posts
Re: Custom sound systems. (BahnStormer202)

heres my old setup. fibered and fit. did it 2 years ago.

heres my new setup. all flush mounted with the "less is more" motto.

and with the sub and tie bar.

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Re: Custom sound systems. (VW1990CORRADO)

nice install Ricky

here are some pics or Crazy-legs system:

the amps are under the center panels, first aid kit on the drivers side, and stiffening cap/distribution block on the passenger side under the panels..
I forgot to take pics with the panels off.. doh!

[Modified by cramer, 9:38 PM 9-26-2002]

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Re: Custom sound systems. (zedcorrado)

no i don't i carry a spare, and know why its there, i was just wondering how often do peoples tires actualy blow or leak. I did 45-50K miles per year for 3 years and never had a blowout. just depends on where you live and drive i guess.
why is NY worse? pot holes or just running over stuff? I have never been there.

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
Re: Custom sound systems. (kevwithoutacorrado)

i haven't had a flat on the C in 5 yrs, but plenty on my other cars. basically a combo of pot holes and crap like nails, screws etc. coming back from waterfest my bro had a flat on the turnpike on fairly new tires on his C. Sucked.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Re: Custom sound systems. (LithiumProphet)

Breathes better? How's that? The only problem with fiberglass is that it tends to resonate easier, where MDF has a much lower resonance frequency. But nothing a good amount of dynomat from within and light coating outside couldn't fix. When choosing material for aqustical property, the most important is its resonance frequency, and ease of handling. MDF is just cut and paste, while Fiber, is paste, wiat, paste, wait......
quote:[HR][/HR]personally i like the sound opf a fiber board over fiberglass it breathes better and makes a deeper bass so i would go with the board[HR][/HR]​

·
Registered
733 Posts
Re: Custom sound systems. (zedcorrado)

quote:[HR][/HR]you obviously dont drive in NYC. if flats didn't happen, why do cars come with a spare?? hmmmmm....good luck[HR][/HR]​
Thats what AAA is for

·
Registered
139 Posts
Re: Custom sound systems. (PhantomDubs)

lol...im finishing up my sub install now (2 12's useing the spare tire well for airspace) i spent about 60 bucs so far with fiberglass from boat world...i lil tid bit of advise..follow the mis ratio exactly!!! or as close as you can..or else it will take for ever for your box to dry..if it ever drys at all..good luck

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.