VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I just bought a monster of a car.
A 1996 golf cl 1.4L. A fine a car as any ever made.
While I have no plans to do anything to this car other then drive it, it is missing the front vw emblem from the grill.
It's not worth my time to bother replacing it with another vw emblem. But If possible I would like to find a custom replacement.
What I had in mind was an anarchy symbol (of the same size and shape)
But I’m open to other ideas.
Surely this has been done before? Does anyone know where I could get such a thing?

Modified by select at 11:20 AM 7-6-2006

·
Registered
248 Posts
Re: Custom vw emblem for grill of 96 golf cl (Crew)

Quote, originally posted by Crew »

x2
that would be lame
either replace it or debadged grille it

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
Re: Custom vw emblem for grill of 96 golf cl (select)

Look in the classifieds section for a new emblem or badgeless grill, it would just cost you more money to custom make something, and that idea is just silly.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Custom vw emblem for grill of 96 golf cl (GTiColourConcept)

I'm surprised by that reaction.
Sure it's not the best idea. and maybe a bit childish.
but I think it would be funny all that same, and on a forum for talking customizations etc. I would have expected more them someone telling me my idea was 'lame' and just to copy what everyone else was doing.

·
Banned
4,717 Posts

well if you really want to do that, id suggest getting a cheap oem grille emblem from a junkyard, filling it in or covering it up, and then carving it out of that ? it'd take some work but you could stencil what you want to make and go from there... might take a couple tries but such is dub/life

·
Registered
216 Posts

Quote, originally posted by select »
I would have expected more them someone telling me my idea was 'lame' and just to copy what everyone else was doing.

Heh. Stick around a little longer and it'll stop suprising you

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Custom vw emblem for grill of 96 golf cl (Crew)

seems like a fair bit of work alright.
unless someone else has an easier idea. it might just have to stay a hole in my grill.

·
Banned
4,717 Posts

well you could always go for originality AND cost effectiveness and fill the hole with a jelly donut ?

·
Registered
14,253 Posts

but I think it would be funny all that same, and on a forum for talking customizations etc. I would have expected more them someone telling me my idea was 'lame' and just to copy what everyone else was doing.

I say.... DON'T LISTEN TO THESE DUMBASSESS.....

Do what you want. I think it would be the ONLY Anarchy Golf around...

·
Banned
1,903 Posts

yea be afraind you wont fit in ...
the only ones i have seen are the "shocker " or 2 in the pink one in the stink.. and it was custom machined .. and not cheap,, go get some tin and make your own!!! also go drink some bulmers , and kilkenny for me ...damn i miss dublin .. wagamama noodles.. and that breakfast place off o'connel was nasty but seemed to cure a hangover well

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Custom vw emblem for grill of 96 golf cl (.EvilVento.)

Quote, originally posted by .EvilVento. »
go get some tin and make your own!!!

now thats an idea, that might just work. sure it wont look great. but the anarchy golf isn't about good looks.
anyway the sun is out and I'm off to the pub to think over that idea with a pint bottle of bulmers.

·
Banned
1,903 Posts

a little sand paper and some carefull triming.. wheres you local .. i know dublin fairly well

·
Registered
8,298 Posts
Re: Custom vw emblem for grill of 96 golf cl (.EvilVento.)

leave that hole open and make it an inlet for the turbo kit
that or route the intake so the cone sticks out the front of the car http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
248 Posts
Re: Custom vw emblem for grill of 96 golf cl (Six13racer)

if i dropped a log on the roof of my car and went around calling it the turd mobile that would probably be pretty damn unique. Doesnt mean it would look good though.
Im all for originality, but good originality.
How are you gonna get round the fact that the A extends past the circle? you would either have the circle smaller than the opening in the grille or two circles. Or if you just make the A fit the circle it will just be an A in a circle and miss the point....

Get on the bulmers and come up with another random idea though!

how about do this face in your badge space...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Re: Custom vw emblem for grill of 96 golf cl (brobsrabbit)

ok that badge would work quite well i guess. i stand corrected. on a red car though. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 18 of 18 Posts