VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Customer complaint of brake fade

90K views 76 replies 55 participants last post by  Wellington P Funk 
Re: (Bagman)

Quote, originally posted by Bagman »
Why would ppl call BS about a picture with one rotor like that and the other side visible as perfectly fine? Perhaps the picture was taken after the one side had been fixed and replaced... lol..
Logic.

Yes, a pre-scored rotor.

For the second time, no one called BS because the other rotor isn't a hula hoop also.

Re: Customer complaint of brake fade (Merc63)

Quote, originally posted by Merc63 »
I mean, do you check your brakes every day even though you think they are fine?

Every day, no. I check them often enough to notice if a rotor is literally being machined away however.
I'm sorry, you can not possibly rationalize any behavior on the part of that car's owner that would justify what is in that photo.

Re: FV-QR (barry2952)

Quote, originally posted by barry2952 »
I love the people that cry BS when pictures like this are posted. Anyone with mechanical knowledge would know that this could happen to one side and not another.

Read above. I don't pretend to be the patron saint of all things mechanical as you apparently are, but settle down.

Re: Customer complaint of brake fade (patrikman)

Quote, originally posted by patrikman »
you have never had a sticky caliper that won't release? you need to go around the block a few times before you call B.S. on that.

Jesus effing christ, who called BS? All I said was that the right side is still solid - I'm perfectly aware that calipers can seize up. You don't think it's odd that the person wouldn't notice that one was hung up to the point that it ate through the effing rotor completely while the other is apparently fine?
You guys are unreal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.