VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys.. why is it when my car gets around 5k rpm it cuts out really bad. I have new points in there..whether or not they are set right is unknown. I set them the closest i could with out a gauge. I dont know if that would have anything to do with the top end cut tho. its a 1.8 CIS car. give me some idea if you could. By the way its gotta new fuel filter and fairly new injectors..... thanks

· Registered
2,407 Posts
Re: cutting out in top end (Grunchen)

1st, what 1.8 do you have, JH or later hydro motor, what compression?
Whay cam do you have, and what throttle body is on the car, stock of Audi/Golf.
The stock cam on a JH head sucks and if you have a later higher compression motor with a stock cam and the early intake and TB then you will run out around 5000.
Also check your timing both crank(intermidiate shaft to crank and flywheel) and the dist. timing and also your fuel pressure.

[Modified by A1Rocco, 8:45 PM 8-5-2002]

· Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: cutting out in top end (A1Rocco)

its an 87 gti high compression motor. witha g-grind, header, and exhaust. it never did this till the other day.. not to long after i did the points.. but i just cant see the point being the cause of it..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.