VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read on here something else who did it. I barely ever use my radio only when the girlfriend is in the car and doesn't want to listen to my music. Is this possible without really affecting the car.. just won.;t be able to pick certain stations up? It already sucks anyways station that easily come in on everyone eles car suck on mine..
blah blah blah.. would cutting it and prob painting the end work ok..

·
Banned
32,385 Posts
Re: (CANNIBALOFDOOM)

all antenna's are "loaded", and cutting it would destroy the "load" rendering it ineffective. my suggestion would be to buy a smaller antenna, or remove it all-together....or just leave it alone!

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Re: (BigSkizzy.)

Quote, originally posted by BigSkizzy. »
mines cut and i cant tell a difference

Then are you sure you cut it?
Just kidding!

·
Banned
3,084 Posts
Re: (pharph)

Quote, originally posted by pharph »

Then are you sure you cut it?
Just kidding!

looks cut to me

Modified by BigSkizzy. at 9:55 AM 5-19-2004

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
i cut mine... and i have no idea if it messed up my reception for the radio never gets turned on.
but its a free mod... and tell your girl to bring a few CD's she wants to listen to .. radio sucks

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Re: cutting your antenna (CANNIBALOFDOOM)

You can cut it without any problem. Just take a pair of wire cutters and cut it where the base meets the mast. Then take a sharpie and black out the white dot. There's not difference in reception whatsoever that I've noticed.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Re: cutting your antenna (CANNIBALOFDOOM)

any time your are maliciously damaging OEM parts its always best to include about 6 beers into the mix
1. unscrew it
2. cut off at desired length
3. color any white on tip with black permant marker
4. screw back on
your done.. it looks good and no one will know the difference..
take that 30 dollars u saved and buy a pet rabbit..
WALLEY (shes a my girl, house trained like a cat in less than a week)

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
haha i had touse a cloth to get a grip so i could losen it.. it looks kind of goofy with it all off... plus it had a nice amount of white stuff on theop so it looks even dumbier..... i am thinking of just cutting it... cheap easy mod haha

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i just did it... real east the recp is still [email protected] i used a small thing of eletrical tape you can;t tell the difference unless ur 1 ft or closer.. **** is hot.. with the 30 bucks i saved i am gonna buy...... some kfc haha

1 - 19 of 19 Posts