VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
7,500 Posts
Ok its a little difficult to read. If I get my hands on a scanner ill scan the originals.
Anyhoo. Conditions in the shop were about 22 degrees, and 95% humitidy. You could sweat just standing there. Im not sure that kind of humidity made for the best conditions.
Anyhoo. Stock FPR running a full 3bar, stock boost management.
You can see we go full rich until 4700rpm or so then its more or less steady at 11:1 a/f the rest of the way.
HP is really nice up top, holds a good long way.
Torque, frankly sucked, likely due to the rich condition right in the turbos sweet spot.
Mustang dyno, running a wideband right into a bung on the DP.
This was also on third gear, i dont know if a 4rth gear run would have netted better or worse results.

Modified by Cypher2k at 4:19 PM 5-18-2004

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
not to bad. how can you cure the rich condition? what do you mean by "stock boost managament"?
i'm sure the humitidy didn't help at all

·
Banned
7,500 Posts
upsolute needs to knock back injector duty on the custom file.
stock boost management means just the n75 was controling boost.
no MBC
and no FPR clocking down the fuel artificially.
So this is a pure result for the software and should help get rev 3 a heck of a lot better.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Re: (Cypher2k)

Hey man, I like the numbers, looking good http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
which chart is torque

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Re: (barelyboosting1.8t)

Quote, originally posted by barelyboosting1.8t »
Wow, why are your #'s so much lower than Don's?

Thats because he's using half of what DON R is using...
read the above..

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Re: (828turbos)

Quote, originally posted by 828turbos »

read the above..

yeah but its the same turbo, same injectors right?

·
Banned
7,500 Posts

read the above..

eh? wtf are you talking aboot hoser?

·
Registered
2,671 Posts

Maybe this is a good comparison post about supporting mods. plus it is an AWW which in the Bentley states it has 9.3 comp and 9.5. Maybe this has something to do with it?

I do not know what Don R has though?????????

Modified by DubGray1.8T at 6:30 PM 5-18-2004

·
Registered
697 Posts

So what do you think is causing the difference, isn't Don making ~ 20 whp more? Doesn't seem like a 3" vs 2.5" would do that, or dual SMIC vs FMIC

Dyno looks nice and smooth, BTW, good work

·
Registered
1,341 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Cypher2k »
upsolute needs to knock back injector duty on the custom file.
stock boost management means just the n75 was controling boost.
no MBC
and no FPR clocking down the fuel artificially.
So this is a pure result for the software and should help get rev 3 a heck of a lot better.

This is what you said James..... and this is the reason why your numbers are not comparable to DON's.......

·
Registered
24,078 Posts

read the above..

What is half of what Don R is using??? I used half of what cypher has and made more then that with the TB closed to 30%....
I had stock pump 3 bar, 440s, VR6 maf, stock IC, KO4 file with manual boost controller holding about 19psi... but closing the TB at 5K right where peak power of an average of 245 to the wheels with 290ft/lbs

·
Registered
1,341 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Cypher2k »
well i wouldnt call that "half"
im richer in the top end than he was, but then, he had his fpr set lower than stock 3bar.

yeah ..... i guess i EXAGGERATED.. but its an important note that he set it lower then 3BAR right? ..... so basically what i was trying to state is that its not a performance issue.. its what handles the performance issue that is causing this low HP gain ..... So i guess in V3 when the fueling is cut by a couple of percent.. we'll see a better yield in ur car

·
Banned
7,500 Posts
yup...
again, we are dealing with some adverse dynoing conditions too. The muggy day was not helping matters.
This is also a mustang dyno. So you cant really directly compare it to Dons results.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts