VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

21 - 40 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Damn, is that it then? Or will they be back in stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think more will come. Mine was out of stock for a bit (usb micro) but eventually had 1 back. My advice is check the site often. The last out of stock had notification of rough eta.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the D-dock and I love it, it integrates really well in the car and looks almost OEM. However if you want to be able to close the door with a case on your iphone, it has to be a thin case, but totally manageable!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Received my D-Dock today and I highly recommend it. I installed it without using the sticky tape and it stays put anyways. It looks like it's oem when installed and simply sliding my iphone in and out is so much more convenient! No wonder they sell like hotcakes... I love the fact everything is adjustable as well, so no need to buy a new one when getting a new phone!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Received my D-Dock today and I highly recommend it. I installed it without using the sticky tape and it stays put anyways. It looks like it's oem when installed and simply sliding my iphone in and out is so much more convenient! No wonder they sell like hotcakes... I love the fact everything is adjustable as well, so no need to buy a new one when getting a new phone!

Same with the tape. I might replace it with some sticky rubber matting or something instead. Works great with my moto x 2014, but can see it working much better with flat backed phones.
There is currently a lack of short 90deg usb c cables of the type maker users, so I will need to figure that out before I upgrade phones.

Glad someone made this!

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just got my 2017 Golf R and went looking for a way to easily connect my iPhone in order to use CarPlay. There are a variety of phone mounts out there, most involve a phone and wires exposed next to the console or blocking an air vent. This is the perfect solution. I ordered it a few days ago and it arrived today. It was very simple to adjust it to fit my phone and case. Well done Danny! Thank you for designing and selling this solution. Looks like it belongs in the car, very unobtrusive and works flawlessly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've been using this for about a month now and I'm really impressed. I change my phone every year out of boredom so the idea of using the adhesive was not my favorite. I'm happy to say that the fit and finish is so good that the dock stays in place when I remove my phone even without using the tape. Seriously, one of the best homegrown products I've ever used.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I'm really interested, but sometimes I need to access the phone to get android auto to connect. Occasionally you get a notification that the phone is only charging and you need to change it to send data instead.

Not sure how that would work with the phone in the port, as the minute you took the phone out of the dock that notification would go away.

I love this concept though as that's where I currently keep my phone.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I'm really interested, but sometimes I need to access the phone to get android auto to connect. Occasionally you get a notification that the phone is only charging and you need to change it to send data instead.

Not sure how that would work with the phone in the port, as the minute you took the phone out of the dock that notification would go away.

I love this concept though as that's where I currently keep my phone.
Android auto experience varies greatly by phone. GREATLY! Once it's set up, i have no issues.

With my moto x 2014, and Nexus 5x, I have run into your scenario exactly twice. I keep spare USB cords everywhere, so swapping cables to finish setup once in a blue moon isn't an issue for me.

You could change the USB connection type in the Android developer menu. Might address your issue with charge more being the default.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Android auto experience varies greatly by phone. GREATLY! Once it's set up, i have no issues.

With my moto x 2014, and Nexus 5x, I have run into your scenario exactly twice. I keep spare USB cords everywhere, so swapping cables to finish setup once in a blue moon isn't an issue for me.

You could change the USB connection type in the Android developer menu. Might address your issue with charge more being the default.

Interesting. Didn't think about the developer options. I'll have to go look and see if that's doable.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

I went into developer options and changed the USB default to transferring data. Seems like when I get the aforementioned error, it's always because the phone is in charge mode only and I had to go manually change it. So I'll try this and see if I get more consistency.

I am however, even with it as charge as the default, recent getting the option to change it to data transfer on the MIB screen. Still adds extra steps, but at least it doesn't require accessing the phone.

I'll try it with the default to transfer data on the phone and see if that speeds things along.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've been using this for about a month now and I'm really impressed. I change my phone every year out of boredom so the idea of using the adhesive was not my favorite. I'm happy to say that the fit and finish is so good that the dock stays in place when I remove my phone even without using the tape. Seriously, one of the best homegrown products I've ever used.
Bumping this thread as my D-Dock brings me an irrational amount of joy each time I use it. Such a thoughtful design and removes temptation to peek at email while I'm driving. One of my favorite purchases of 2016. Thanks Danny.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Anyone with a 2015 have one of these? All I have is a 30pin, would need an adapter or a lightning mdi cable, and that doesn't fit with my case :/

21 - 40 of 102 Posts