VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 4 kids, 16, 13, 6 and 1. The 6 year old is my daughter. I remember thinking that I didn't want to be one of those dads that was completely lost when it came to be able to do something to her hair. The wife works the weekend (nurse WOW nights) and the thought of taking my daughter out and having her look like dad did her hair bothered me a little lol.

Enter Youtube. The same place that will give you step by step video instructions on changing a cam follower will do the same when it comes to hair!

6 years in and now I'm the goto parent for her hair. School. Church. Dance recitals. Track meets, weddings.. you name it.

Any other dads putting in that work?

·
Registered
148 Posts
My daughter will be 6 in December. I fix her hair in the mornings but all I really know how to do is a ponytail and pigtails. I did her hair once for ballet class. Had to watch youtube for that one. My wife does a good job with braiding and she can do it fast so it's not something I've had to learn yet. I've watched a few youtube videos on braiding and tried practicing on my daughter once but I was taking too long and she didn't have the patience to sit still while I learn.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm no speed demon either... hands are too big. My daughter has probably just gotten used to it over time. Throw on some Princes Sofia on the TV and she doesn't complain too much lol. I've also started, gotten in over my head and had to start over lol.

Its all repeating a pattern but you do have to practice. Learned a lot from the Cute Girls Hairstyles channel (the older videos). I think one of the first ones I learned was a 2 strand braid gathered with the rest of the hair into a bun.. I think every girl on team USA gymnastics had that hairstyle lol

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
When my two girls were little ones I had to do their hair pretty much every other day with the wife's work schedule at the time. Fortunately I went to cosmetology school so that saved me for reals so the struggle was minimal.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
My daughter is 7 and I've been trying to talk her into shaving her head like mine since it just makes life easier. Haven't gained any traction...yet.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ha! Classic dad joke. I've suggested the same thing on numerous occasions.
My daughter is 7 and I've been trying to talk her into shaving her head like mine since it just makes life easier. Haven't gained any traction...yet.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts