VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Humble Beginings. "Hobson Jr."

Picked up this VR with blown front struts, other than that it runs awesome but is a little beat up. Driver seat was torn so I traded a friend my Audi seats for his Corbeau racing seat and Schroth Harness. Threw on my Momo Wood Grain wheel and got a Pioneer head unit with an L7 Kicker and 1000 watt amp to compliment the factory Bose system. Great for a daily and I had the stuff all laying around so I spent $0 there. On to pictures.

When I first got it, pic from the ad

Got it to the wifes parents house and it sat there while I pulled the Rokkors from my other car.

Better tires, different wheels, Rokkors on

Started spray paint fun, I like the flat feel of the High Heat paint

Don't like OEM skirts sold them for $50 and went with truck bed liner, say what you will it's my car my style.

Serge came over and we did some lip/bumper work on our cars

Threw on my red bumpers while the white ones were prepped for spray bed liner and raced to Elk Grove to pick up these Diamond Racing Steelies for a good price, got them on and the ET was like -5 or something so they touched the caliper and poked too much. FAIL.

Volvo lip, smoked corners and sides, need 1 more fog then I'll put the smoked dummies and yellow fogs on

Slapped it together. I like it

Textured moldings and texture all around

And that's my daily. Only money I spent was spray paint everything else I had already. Will be rolling my fenders and put on my Mercedes wheels on when I paint them white and get 205 40 16s.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I like it! What volvo lip is that?? DIY??

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Specs on Volvo lip:
90+ 740/940
88+ 760

If you buy one you'll figure out how to mount it. I mounted mine upside down I like it that way because it's aggressive, a few of my friends did it right side up after I showed them my first use of it. So it's up to you.

And yeah I have a red Jetta too but it is probably gonna get parted. I'm just too broke to do anything with it.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone for the kind words. Today I bought a keyless remote and added a white box I had laying around. Remote was $55 with my discount. Then spent $60 on LEDs, dome light, map light, rear passenger lights, trunk light, side markers, tail lights and license plate lights. Really added some modern aspects to a 14 year old car. Also order yellow H3s for the fogs and will be hitting up Wagen Wheels for yellow Lamin-X. A buddy of mine has a spare fog light he's gonna hook me up with and I have the other. Will be switching my black carpet from my parts car along with the black trim and door cards to the white one to continue the theme, may use some tan pieces for contrast. Then I need to sell my 195 50 16s to buy some 205 40 16s but I'd like to trade my front adapters for 15mm they are 25mm now. After that I mount my Mercedes wheels I recently refinished

"Nothing gets the hype at first sight like white on white"

1 - 20 of 358 Posts