VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

6761 - 6780 of 6791 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
That O line! Could this be our year! I don't want to jinx us!

Da Boyz have to set the tone and put on a show tonight on MNF!

·
Registered
30,222 Posts
As long as the VP of Officiating keeps pregaming on Jerry's bus, Im sure the Boys will be fine.

·
Registered
487 Posts
As long as the VP of Officiating keeps pregaming on Jerry's bus, Im sure the Boys will be fine.
:facepalm: there were more misscalls on detroit than dallas so take that crap somewhere else. Y'all got beat out right, there's always next year.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Not gonna put on the tin foil hat just yet, but holy **** that game is forever suspended in my mind. No way in hell is that a legit win for Dallas and it sucks beyond words that they're going to Green Bay after that officiating fiasco. Between the DPI reversal and no 15 yard USC against Bryant, Detroit lost out on a first down inside the Dallas 20. So whether the Lions score 7, 3, or nothing, it cannot be argued that after the fact there'd have been no shanked 10 yard punt and 59 yard Dallas TD drive. **** all of that.

So unless Goodell find a ways to get those two teams back on the field tonight to replay the game from 7 min in the 4th quarter at the Dallas 13, then the rest of the NFC playoffs don't mean **** and this stupid thread should go silent till the 2015 season starts.

And I ain't even a Detroit fan.

·
Senior Sloth
2,695 Posts
Not gonna put on the tin foil hat just yet, but holy **** that game is forever suspended in my mind. No way in hell is that a legit win for Dallas and it sucks beyond words that they're going to Green Bay after that officiating fiasco. Between the DPI reversal and no 15 yard USC against Bryant, Detroit lost out on a first down inside the Dallas 20. So whether the Lions score 7, 3, or nothing, it cannot be argued that after the fact there'd have been no shanked 10 yard punt and 59 yard Dallas TD drive. **** all of that.

So unless Goodell find a ways to get those two teams back on the field tonight to replay the game from 7 min in the 4th quarter at the Dallas 13, then the rest of the NFC playoffs don't mean **** and this stupid thread should go silent till the 2015 season starts.

And I ain't even a Detroit fan.
^^^^^^
Yeah, what he said. Orsonwellsslowclap.gif

I grew up a die-hard Cowboys fan during the days of Dorsett, White, Landry, etc. That all changed immediately when Jones took over the franchise. It's an odd feeling to root against the very team you loved as a kid.

·
Registered
9,127 Posts
Can someone please tell me what Chris Christie and his floppy banana tits were doing up in Jerry Jones's suite yesterday??? Hope he doesn't decide to run for president in '16; good luck carrying any state with a Giants/Redskins/Eagles/Lions fanbase. :laugh:

·
Registered
30,222 Posts
Can someone please tell me what Chris Christie and his floppy banana tits were doing up in Jerry Jones's suite yesterday??? Hope he doesn't decide to run for president in '16; good luck carrying any state with a Giants/Redskins/Eagles/Lions fanbase. :laugh:
LMFAO!! Hes a huge Dallas fan apparantly and yes I believe he'll try an run in 2016.

As to the officiating, I am not a Detroit fan. ...if you dont think that was DPI then you are delusional. It was pretty blatant...whats worse, you cant call it and the un-call it because the home team bitches and storms the field over it (dex Bryant, sans helmet, on field is ANOTHER penalty that wasnt called). At the very least, it was DPI AND hands to the face by the offensive, which is off setting penalties and replay of down. I struggle to think the last time a play like that changed the entire corse of a game. Football equivelant to Bartman or Maier.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Hes a huge Dallas fan apparantly and yes I believe he'll try an run in 2016.
Seems the Cowboys are 4-0 this season when he's at the game, and he plans on being in GB this weekend.
He also says he doesn't care what Giants/Jetcs/Eagles fans think since he's been a Cowboys fan since his childhood in the 70s....grew up a fan of Staubach.
I give him credit for staying die-hard. Most politicians would have done the politics thing...and become fans of their voting base local teams.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
:facepalm: there were more misscalls on detroit than dallas so take that crap somewhere else. Y'all got beat out right, there's always next year.
You are missing the point. Refs are humans, so certain calls are bound to be missed during the game; that said, for the officiating crew to pick up the flag without any type of explanations, what is up with that? My understanding is that the particular play in question cannot be reviewed/challenged, so why not expand the replay system so all types of suspect plays can be reviewed.

And no, I am not a Lions fan.

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
I'll start this by saying that I am a HUGE Cowboys fan.

I agree that it was DPI and was shocked that the flag was picked up. While it was a HUGE game changer there were something like 25 plays ran after that flag was picked up for no reason and Detroit was blatantly holding Cowboys receivers on nearly every pass attempt on that game winning drive. In my opinion, pass interference is like offensive holding in that you can all it damn near every play but I was as perplexed as anyone when that flag was picked up. I just don't think that this botched call cost the Lions the game.

Now... on to Green Bay! And with every week that passes Demarco Murray becomes healthier and more comfortable with that hand which is going to be crucial on Sunday due to the weather. And if the Cowboys can get pressure and knock the already hurting Aaron Rodgers around I like their chances.

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
You are missing the point. Refs are humans, so certain calls are bound to be missed during the game; that said, for the officiating crew to pick up the flag without any type of explanations, what is up with that? My understanding is that the particular play in question cannot be reviewed/challenged, so why not expand the replay system so all types of suspect plays can be reviewed.

And no, I am not a Lions fan.
I don't like how far replay has infiltrated the game already so I wouldn't like to see replay expanded in any form.

I'd rather see each coach have as many challenges as he has time outs. So if a coach doesn't use any of his timeouts he can have up to three challenges per half. Stop reviewing every turnover and score.

·
Registered
30,222 Posts
Hi :wave:

6761 - 6780 of 6791 Posts