VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

101 - 120 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
09 Dubber

Been a while since I've been on here. I'm in the Dallas area looking for some simple mods. Mainly drl haha. How much do you charge Marin? !

·
Registered
63 Posts
Marin did some work on my '97 2.0 golf in March and it was a great experience. He was accommodating, knowledgeable and pleasant to work with. He advised against some of the work I asked about and pointed out another area that was more important. I won'tt hesitate to go back to Marin when the time comes.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
just wanted to drop in. Some Dallas friends referred me to you.. im moving down in a week or so and wanted to know who was the best mechanic for Vw's in the area. Looking forward to meeting ya :beer::wave:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Key programing, Cluster and ECU programing

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

This guy is really something special.
I had friend with 2010 VW that went to dealer and had problem with key,Dealer told him that his instrument cluster is bad and needs to be replace and estimate was $$$$$$$.
I told him to call Marin.
Marin found cluster , program cluster and keys with 4 x Less price then dealer was telling him.

If anyone have problem with keys , Instrument cluster, ECU , need extra key give this guy call, he will save you $$$$$$$$$.
He can do it up to 2014 Models.

Also Marin did instal on my other friend 2008 Jetta High Line instrument cluster to his car, He had Low Line cluster and dealer told him it is possible to do it but need to many parts , Estimate was like $2500. Marin did this job for much , much less.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
6,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
^^^very cool.

he did some custom work on my R32 cluster also, and can do things you can't do with VAG-COM/VCDS, such as independent illumination of the gauge needles, which is nice and helps in hazy or glare conditions. he did it in about 90 seconds, lol. :thumbup: :cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Audi S4 B7

Hi, I'm new to the group I've been on Audizine for a year. I have a couple of questions about my B7 S4. Could I get your info? I've taken my car two Zinks Autohaus in Grand Prairie and just recently to Eurosport Automotive in Plano. They have not been able to find the problem on why my traction control light and EPC light stay on. Zinks Autohaus immediately demanded to replace the ECU. And Europort has replaced the throttle body, the lights turn on less since the replaced throttle body. But the issue is still their, and makes the car stay on limp mode. Looking forward to hear from you. Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Howdy everyone, I am looking for a good indy mechanic for my '06 mkV Jetta, Marin sounds terrific. Mind sending me a PM, and an estimate for a timing belt job on an FSI?

Regards,
Charles

·
Registered
6,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Howdy everyone, I am looking for a good indy mechanic for my '06 mkV Jetta, Marin sounds terrific. Mind sending me a PM, and an estimate for a timing belt job on an FSI?

Regards,
Charles
you have a PM. don't ask for quotes here, please.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Awesome job, thanks Marin!

Hey guys.

I know I'm technically a newbie, but I've been lurking for the past 7 years on Vortex, and I've been a member of various other forums for nearly 15 years (Turbobricks, 67-72chevytrucks). Anyway, this is not my first post on a forum, and I'm a real person, with a real VW. I currently have a 2009 CW Rabbit, and have owned an '08 UG Rabbit and an '06 PGM GLI.

I know that trusting someone with your car is tough, especially in a case like mine, where I needed Marin's services, but found out that he was prohibitively far away for me to take time off of work and drive. After discussing my swap both over email and on the phone, I (admittedly) reluctantly agreed to send my midline cluster, both of my keys (I didn't have a valet key), and my newly-acquired GTI cluster to someone I had never met in person and had only ever read about.

I shipped it to him insured for quite a bit. After all, if UPS lost my cluster or keys, I'd be completely screwed. Marin received my clusters and keys on a Friday, and was completely done with reprogramming the eeprom in the GTI cluster (assuming that's how he does it), and making my valet key. I got everything back on Wednesday, installed it immediately, and to my great delight, found that both my valet key started the car, and that the GTI cluster was now working 100% with my Rabbit. Marin worked much quicker than I expected, and was about 1/4th the cost that the dealer wanted. All in all, it wasn't a cheap swap, but it was worth it to me. This Rabbit was the only MK5 and up VW my family or I have ever had that did not have a highline, and now that has been fixed, and upgraded. Marin's services actually cost me less than my local dealers wanted for just the valet key and programming... Oh, and he also enabled backlit needles!

Anyway, thanks again, Marin!

If any of you would like to talk to me about it, PM me.

I think I'm the only one with a Rabbit and a GTI cluster. Don't let me be all alone!

Joe

·
Registered
37 Posts
I highly recommend Marin, he recently did a mileage match on a Euro full FIS cluster for me, I live in NEPA and the turnaround was quick along with the service.

D.V.C.
3rd Mate Unlimited

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi, I'm new to the group I've been on Audizine for a year. I have a couple of questions about my B7 S4. Could I get your info? I've taken my car two Zinks Autohaus in Grand Prairie and just recently to Eurosport Automotive in Plano. They have not been able to find the problem on why my traction control light and EPC light stay on. Zinks Autohaus immediately demanded to replace the ECU. And Europort has replaced the throttle body, the lights turn on less since the replaced throttle body. But the issue is still their, and makes the car stay on limp mode. Looking forward to hear from you. Thanks.
What ended up being the problem with your S4?

101 - 120 of 173 Posts