VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

121 - 140 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
One more :thumbup: for Marin.
He save my other friend lot of $$$. He looked the car and fuel pump and lifer was bad (2.0 T FSI engine) . He called dealer and organize everything to get cover under factory warranty.

He is the best and most honest guy I ever met.

Thank you.

·
Registered
102 Posts
How knowledgeable is he with TDi?

I have an hesitation that I've been chasing for a bit. Just relocated to DFW, I want to get it solved soon.

Thanks

Q

·
Registered
102 Posts
very.

check your PM's.
FYI, Marin fit me in for diagnostic, then had me back the next day to fix a bearing issue that was mis-diagnosed by VW.

The explanation of diagnostic, working around my busy schedule and getting it done in record time makes this man my new hero. :heart:

I am already scheduling timing belt and other things with him for the VW. and the BMW will go straight to him from the delivery truck.

Cheers

Q

·
Registered
10 Posts
interested in having him look over the '05 Passat I just purchased. it would be good to know if maintenance has been kept up with the car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just moved to Dallas and was looking for a new mechanic. I found Marin on here with some good reviews. I stopped by one night to meet him and talk with him a little bit. While I was there I asked him if he could program my new key FOB. He said he would be able to program it for me (every other shop I have ever asked said I had to go to the dealership). He took my key and noticed that it doesn't close anymore. I have had this issue for years now and have had people and shops say they can fix it and no one could ever fix it. He said he could fix it. ECS I guess had sent me the wrong key FOB but Marin said its no problem he could swap it out with one he had. in 15 minutes he had my new key programmed and my key finally stayed closed. He also gave me some tips on how to fix a few other things with my car. Marin is awesome. I thought my key would never close again. Marin is probably one of the most honest and upfront mechanics I have come across. I would highly recommend him.

·
Registered
6,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
thanks for your feedback, everyone. what goes around comes around, right? glad we are helping an honest man grow his business... it's a win for everyone. :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
here's something very cool. Marin has been successfully swapping instrument clusters among models. as in, putting a mk6 cluster in a mk4 jetta, for one example. mk5's as well. he told me he can do stuff like put a brand new golf R cluster in my mk5 R32. interesting mod idea, but i'm seriously liking more available parts options as my car ages. a clean and working cluster can be hard to find in 10+ year old cars, so these kind of options can keep people like me on the road (people who run the wheels off their cars). :D

check it out:

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Marin worked on my 2004 Passat for the first time today, and did great work. He replaced the front left axle, changed the inner and outer boots on the front right axle, and changed the oil. Very friendly and professional, and very reasonably priced. He also had a loaner car for me to use while mine was with him, at no charge. I will absolutely call him again when my car needs work. And at 225,000 miles, it almost certainly will need something fixed again.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Marin just did my new color cluster from a Scirocco R! Still working out one bug (which may be a Polar Fis issue) my menu button on the steering wheel doesn't seem to work. I have to hold the UP arrow to go up a level. But aside from that its working and clean. Very trustworthy and upstanding guy. Does great work!

EDIT: I found a solution to the menu button not working, I'm not sure if it's the only solution but it is what worked for me. I bought a steering module
1K0 953 549 CH and coded it to 0001232 which worked!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wow , I love it.
Nice work Marin.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Marin just did my new color cluster from a Scirocco R! Still working out one bug (which may be a Polar Fis issue) my menu button on the steering wheel doesn't seem to work. I have to hold the UP arrow to go up a level. But aside from that its working and clean. Very trustworthy and upstanding guy. Does great work!

·
Registered
18 Posts
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Just want to say that we are blessed to have this guy here in DFW.
I sent one more customer to Marin and he saved this person over $500 vs Dealer or other shops quote.

121 - 140 of 173 Posts