VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know guys and gals, never had constant problems with our VR6 like we do with the 1.8t.
The car was just at the dealer a couple of weeks ago, because it had been idling rough for months. Got the oil changed, they replaced all the coil packs, and swap my black top coolent sensor to the green. Has been fine til tonight.
Just driving home a little peepy, but nothing major. The jetta feels like it's starting to lose power...I'm like
and try to speed up. I do gain speed but VERY slowly. I see the boost gauge is only at 5ish psi. The check engine light comes on and is blinking
. I slow way down and notice that at the higher speed I was at (65mphish) it felt fine; but at lower speeds it's jumpy, rough, and sounds like a a lawn mower
I pulled up to my house and unpluged the MAF sensor...still runs the same http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif . Sooooo, I don't know...could this be the coil packs even though they were JUST changed?!?!?
thanks in advance,
jnord

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: damm this Jetta...I need to pick your brains (jnord)

update in case anyone was interested (thanks for the replies guys
)...
Deal today said the there was codes for misfires for each cylinder, no compression in cylinder #1 which they said has a burnt valve, the spark plugs weren't tighten'ed all the way and that in cylinder #1 and #3 the plugs had melted
Said that it would be $800 in parts and worst case cost is $2600!!

F#%#K this Jetta. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Banned
12,870 Posts

Quote, originally posted by jnord »
and that in cylinder #1 and #3 the plugs had melted

See that part right there? If they changed the plugs, THEY should be paying for any damages that resulted from plugs not being tightened. Call a lawyer if they don't.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Re: damm this Jetta...I need to pick your brains (VDUBNDizzy)

I don't understand how since the spark plugs weren't tightend all the way that it would cause them to melt.... doesn't make sense...
Usually when they aren't tightened all the way they just strip out (which causes you to need either a new cylinder head or a heli coil)
If you burned a valve there was something wrong with the car either a fueling issue, and poor gas issue, or a timing issue.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Re: damm this Jetta...I need to pick your brains (BubonicCorrado)

Mods??
Get a second/third opinion on your car.

·
Registered
7,883 Posts

Quote, originally posted by jnord »
update in case anyone was interested (thanks for the replies guys
)...
Deal today said the there was codes for misfires for each cylinder, no compression in cylinder #1 which they said has a burnt valve, the spark plugs weren't tighten'ed all the way and that in cylinder #1 and #3 the plugs had melted
Said that it would be $800 in parts and worst case cost is $2600!!

F#%#K this Jetta. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

did you put in the plugs or are they factory plugs. if so, why would you be paying for the repairs?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: damm this Jetta...I need to pick your brains (heysuperman)

I bought the car about a year ago; it had some mods and I've done a few too.
Hmm...let's see..
-APR stock/91/100/falt code erase-TB alin
-Forge 007 DV
-3" DP and Miltek cat-back
-and a K&N drop-in
...that it for engine mods.
I've never changed the plugs, but when I bought the car it had just had a full tune-up.
When this happened it was in stock programing too.
Wouldn't they have had to check the spark plugs when they changed the coils last week?
Oh ya, here the codes they said it had...
1327, 1328, 1326, 300, 301, 302, 102
and also 333 and 328 but there are from the rear O2 sensor on the cat not hooked-up.
Geez

1 - 7 of 7 Posts