VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got pulled over today driving back home from my girls house. Doing 65 on the freeway with my cruise turned on. All of a sudden i see a car up my ass.....lo and behold its a highway patrol...hello mr highway patrol, how can i help you? well you have tinted breaklights, front tints and a modified exhaust. well i was about to tell him but i was thinking...damn you idiot, check my record do i have any speeding tickets or anything...I AM NOT A *****!...so now i have to reinstall my factory exhaust put my oem tails back and remove front tints! Now wat im really getting at is....can i cut out my exhaust and reinstall my oem without welding it? can i put a hose tightener? and if so would pep boys carry those with rtv silicones?

Modified by ballinnnn24 at 2:46 AM 10-17-2008

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Damn Cali Highway patrol! (ballinnnn24)

anyone?

·
Premium Member
4,205 Posts
Re: (ballinnnn24)

There are procedures for checking the "edit:db" on your exhaust, and that's should be the only legal way of issuing you a ticket for it. When you're done "fixing" your tint and tailights, stop by another officer and get your ticket signed off at the back, unless he pulls out a db tester and tests your exhaust, and indeed its over legal limit. I forgot what it was, words out of my @$$ tell me its over 90db @ 3000rpm, 45 deg. angle 3 ft from exhaust. don't remember, and don't care, I have no muffler and they can $uck it hard!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FV-QR

i mean its only loud when i downshift and its at a high RPM...i guess only if i add my resonator back on...but no worries after it being checked...there all comming back on..i will cut my exhaust off and clamp on the oem exhaust...take that off and put back the aftermarket and clamp it with a band clamp and silicone.

Modified by ballinnnn24 at 3:02 AM 10-17-2008

·
Registered
10,133 Posts
Re: Damn Cali Highway patrol! (MC Pee Pants)

Quote, originally posted by MC Pee Pants »
he is doing you a favor with your tinted tails, and TINT (not tints) front windshield
both are dangerous mods....

And while youre at it lose the wing. It's full of fail too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.