VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my friends went to a place where people gather with their gts cobras stis evos gtis etc and just talk in front of a restourant called Strats in Illinois.

We were leaving and i was following my friend and we are going to leave the parking when i a cop shows up with NO HEADLIGHTS so obviosuly we cant see him until last minute and my friend presses on his break and i slam my car into his bumper. I wasnt even pressing the gas, just my foot on top of the break..

We didnt write a report obv cause were friends, he has a Tahoe and you cant ser nothing on his car. On mine its smaller then i thought. And im soooo glad..

Heres a pic:

I had a scratch either way on the right side of my bumper so i was going to buy a new bumper anyways but now i have a REAL reason to get a new bumper.

Can you guys give me some links where i can get a bumper please? Most places i see they say its a cover. My friend told me that the cover will go over my urrent bumper.. But it seems like its a full bumper..

I want to get the R32 bumper.

I found this and might get it. Will it fit? What modifications will i have to do?
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=400295398656&index=14&nav=SEARCH&nid=11266939612

Thanks in advance.

I have a
2008 Jetta Wolfsburg edition 2.0T FSI

·
Registered
613 Posts
i was checking out that bumper the other day from ebay.

$599 is a steal, however that guy on ebay steals other peoples photos (i've seen him steal ECS tuning photos on his other auctions) so it's possible you're looking at legit products but in actuality will receive cheap chinese knock offs.

Also what would something like that cost to get quality painted?

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Your friend is right and wrong at the same time. Crazy I know. A bumper cover is the bumper you are looking for however it does not go over your current bumper, it replaces it.

Sucks about the car here is link where you can get a OEM replacement bumper.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_V--2.0T/Exterior/Body/

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I need a bumper cover that will prime it and then paint it to my car color and ill be good?

And about the R32 bumper really? Ill message and ask him.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So you weren't paying attention, rear ended your buddy, and it's the cops fault?
Youd be suprised how it happened i literrally looked away for a half a second when it happened..

But what about the bumper can you guys help me out funding onr thanks.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone?

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
we did help you, i've even provided the link to you where you can get one.

you are not going to find one that is primed and pained. you will need to get a bumper cover and have it professionally painted by a shop.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
we did help you, i've even provided the link to you where you can get one.

you are not going to find one that is primed and pained. you will need to get a bumper cover and have it professionally painted by a shop.
Ok man thanks,

What do you think about the conversion kit i put on first post? I saw people buying a r32 grill from the same ebayer and theyve said its perfect and all. Their on vortex. Because i dont really want to spend $350 on a bumper thats the same as mine wen i can possibly get a better deal with the r32 one.

Thanks

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wouldnt a shop be able to fix that bumper. PS even have it shaved?
How much you theyll charge?

And have it shaved what you mean. Haha sorry idk what that is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.