VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
taped on the rieger flare, and a rear 17x9 with 20mm of space between the wheel and the hub to simulate the adaptors that still haven't arrived..

the kamei flares give me about 4mm more clearance than the riegers..

bad news: the sidewall on one of my 215-40-17 dunlop sp9000's are splitting!! wtf, sp9000's are supposed to be one of the best tires out there for stretching. I guess i'll have to send them back.. have any of you seen this happen before??
http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

Modified by vwoah at 2:06 PM 5-23-2004

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Re: damn (vwoah)

Sux abotu the tire dude.. but on a lighter note: your car is gonna look pretty friggin amazing when its done

·
Registered
12,592 Posts

i've seen it before...i don't think its the tires fault...I bet its the person who put them on. forcing them onto the wheel and slicing the sidealls right at the bead. it wouldnt be a huge problem if you weren't stretching, but since you are I doubt it's remotely safe. umm you're probably going to have to buy a new wheel, because its more than likely the installer and the manufacturer can claim you aren't supposed to stretch them, so youll get nothing back from them.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Re: damn (JPawn1)

T1S's are the best tires for stretching...and please smooth the flares...that's the only way they look good

·
Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room.
Atlanta, GA ~ Honda
38,057 Posts
Re: damn (Jetta2NR)

Toyo T1S Thatch

·
Registered
1,696 Posts

sorry about your tire.
car should look pretty damn good once you have the flares and bumper on.
those shiny lips look lovely

·
Registered
12,260 Posts

car looks good tatch.., I think its just u got a defect tires...
just get a new one SP

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Re: damn (RG3)

Quote, originally posted by RG3 »
car looks good tatch.., I think its just u got a defect tires...
just get a new one SP
i dont think its a defectve tire...it definately looks like the installer was going a tiny bit quicker than he should have and pinched the tire a couple of times which caused splits. Like I said Ive seen this before...Ive seen it in the process of happening.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Re: damn (PedroPauloDiniz)

Don't know if I'm feeling the flares...are you going to mold them in? Seems like alot of extra work to go through just to run some wheels, no matter how rare. But whatever, you know your car better than I do, I'm sure it'll still be the money whe you're done. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 14 of 14 Posts