VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'm sorry but still somewhat confused here - why would it be a mistake to get the Alltrack-specific B6s?
when I purchased them, I was under the impression that Alltrack-specific B6’s DID NOT EXIST. So i purchased Golf R B6’s and Golf R springs.

Annndddd I didn’t get Alltrack B6’s lol, they sent me the correct PN’s. Now I decide between returning the B6’s and getting Alltrack B6’s or continuing with original plan of Golf R B6 w/ Golf R Springs.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
when I purchased them, I was under the impression that Alltrack-specific B6’s DID NOT EXIST. So i purchased Golf R B6’s and Golf R springs.

Annndddd I didn’t get Alltrack B6’s lol, they sent me the correct PN’s. Now I decide between returning the B6’s and getting Alltrack B6’s or continuing with original plan of Golf R B6 w/ Golf R Springs.
Golf R B6s and Golf R springs are perfectly matched then, what's the issue? Why would you want the longer AT B6 dampers for the shorter R springs?

AT B6 = good for AT stock springs
R B6 = good for R stock springs OR AT lowering springs

·
Registered
271 Posts
Golf R B6s and Golf R springs are perfectly matched then, what's the issue? Why would you want the longer AT B6 dampers for the shorter R springs?

AT B6 = good for AT stock springs
R B6 = good for R stock springs OR AT lowering springs
Yeah I wasn’t suggesting that I’d run Alltrack B6’s with Golf R springs. I just appreciate the stock ride height and, now that I know I can retain it while improving performance, I am very inclined to do so.

·
Registered
724 Posts

Well for my selfish purposes I hope you will try on the AT specific struts, and let is know.

If you do decide to go lower and source new springs it seems those with least reported saggy butt are using R Variant rears...a little stiffer vs US version, btw.
(See Jack Watts posts as one example w/ info on where to order overseas)

Good luck!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Well for my selfish purposes I hope you will try on the AT specific struts, and let is know.

If you do decide to go lower and source new springs it seems those with least reported saggy butt are using R Variant rears...a little stiffer vs US version, btw.
(See Jack Watts posts as one example w/ info on where to order overseas)

Good luck!
so I already have NAR Golf R Hatch 6MT front spring takeoffs and just received the R Estate rear springs from E-ACCA last week. So it would obviously be ~easier~ for me to just move Forward with my original plan. Which, originally, I was perfectly happy about.

but now that I know I COULD have gotten Alltrack B6’s for my stock springs... I do think I’m going to return the R B6’s and sell my springs. I do not want to sacrifice that OEM ride height, I appreciate the functionality too much. And if Bilstein is making B6’s for stock Alltrack springs I’m very confident they will make up for the shortcomings of the factory setup.

so yeah - I think you’ll be hearing impressions from me in the next month or two RE Alltrack B6’s on stock Alltrack springs. I also have a rear sway bar.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Just posted my B6’s and R Springs for sale here and on Golfmk7.com. As soon as I get a buyer for the B6’s I’m putting that money to the Alltrack B6’s. Hopefully sooner than later lol.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Just posted my B6’s and R Springs for sale here and on Golfmk7.com. As soon as I get a buyer for the B6’s I’m putting that money to the Alltrack B6’s. Hopefully sooner than later lol.
You might also try advertising on the FakeBook Volkswagon Alltrack Owners group; lots of interest there in upgrades to suspension with more attention to lowered and show car "scene".
Good luck!

121 - 128 of 128 Posts