VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
521 - 540 of 758 Posts

·
Registered
9,579 Posts
Still looking for a good mk2 to start my next project with. Been cleaning up my yard selling off all the extra VWs to put some money aside. I still have numerous parts from my jetta. :thumbup:

:snowcool::beer:
I know of a clean Coupe shell...;)

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
DAMN MATE!!!

Just loved that car!
Hope you will get your motivation back and get together a more awesome car because I know you can!!!

Cheer up, summer is months away :cool:
Same here... OI knew the original owner and he and i were had each coast locked with small bumpered vr s/c cars...lol he on the west and i on the east...lol

miss that car.. RIP

·
Member, and gifatar hater
2,839 Posts
yeah as everyone said, the car looked great

seeing the back bumper folded up makes me remember how easily the cars are totaled.... and it makes me cringe because some day the same thing could happen to mine.

best with the next one :beer:

·
Registered
22,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #533 ·
Looking for a Mk2 GTI right now... I have cash in my wallet, just can't find a good start ATM. :(

I sold all 4 of my other VWs, time to get busy on another Mk2 VR6. :thumbup:
A little over 8 months later... A new shell is purchased. :beer:

1992 VW GTI :)

I will more than likely make a build thread for this car as well... As this one will be even more of a project than my last mk2 vr6.

·
Registered
22,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #537 ·
:thumbup:

give us some future plans...=)
I have most of my parts left over from the GLI on the previous several pages of this thread. So the GTI will be lowered on KWs, have 16" BBS RXs, for now I am leaving big bumpers and big doors... However, I might go to small bumpers later on. I need to piece together a full GTI recaro interior. It will also be a VR6 swap as well. For the most part it will be OEM+... :thumbup:

One major issue I had with my last vr6 swap was the wiring was hacked up from the previous installs... This time I am starting with a fresh wiring harness and doing things better. I learned from my mistakes the first time around, thats for sure. Time to let project budget GTI commence. :beer:

It will look a lot like my old GTI, ok well identical:

round two!
Yes sir. :)

·
Registered
22,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #539 · (Edited)
Wait..round 2? I thought it was like 6 or sumthing. :(

Edit: GTI looks good^^^
Eh, picky picky picky... I consider this my 2nd build since it wasn't bought "done". This car is a complete rebuild from the ground up. A lot more work is getting put into this car than my old GLI or any other car that I have called a "project". :p

Oh and the GTI needs a LOTTTT of work to look good.

·
Registered
22,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #540 ·
Started digging into it:

- Removed hacked up wiring not needed anymore since picture was taken...

- Picture was taken at dinner break.. Removed the mk2 pedal cluster to make way for the corrado pedal cluster...
- Removed other unnecessary stuff...

Sorry my pictures suck.. Only have my OG droid to capture pictures.

521 - 540 of 758 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.