VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got some Hella darkened tails today and just finished putting them
in. I thought I was getting the US spec. Ones. Turns out these have the amber turns and the fog light. That's ok, I guess my question is. They are in now and seem to work. Nothing has popped up on the display. I guess what I'm asking is can I leave them just the way they are for now? Or should I Vagcom them ASAP? I assume all I'm missing out on for right now is the Fog light? Thanks...

· Registered
9,219 Posts
Re: Darkened Tail Question (kurseone)

you will not get a vagcom code as is
you will not have a rear fog as is
you will not have amber turns as is
If you want rear fog you need to hard wire it to the ECU (took me about an hour all in all) and vagcom them on.
No clue about abmer turns though, i did not go that route http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
2,946 Posts
Re: Darkened Tail Question (kurseone)

did you have to change the pinouts on your tail light harnesses?
I thought the pinouts were different for US and Euro, which brings me to the question, how would they be working?
I have the OEM LEDs haven't put them on cause I thought changing pins and running wires are needed including the VAG COM changes.
If I can get them to work out the box without repinning and running the extra wire I can live without Amber blinkers and rear fog for now.

· Registered
7,895 Posts
Re: Darkened Tail Question (r32-1163)

Quote, originally posted by r32-1163 »
did you have to change the pinouts on your tail light harnesses?
I thought the pinouts were different for US and Euro, which brings me to the question, how would they be working?
I have the OEM LEDs haven't put them on cause I thought changing pins and running wires are needed including the VAG COM changes.
If I can get them to work out the box without repinning and running the extra wire I can live without Amber blinkers and rear fog for now.

for the oem leds you need wiring/pin changes/vag changes..if you dont want to put them in id gladly buy them from you

· Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Darkened Tail Question (VeeDubbinJetta91)

That's what has me confused, from a DIY install stand point they were plug and play. When I ordered them I asked for the US spec versions. However They look like these off the OEmPlus website. The US spec ones they have do not have amber turns where as the linked ones and mine do??
http://oempl.us/index.php?main...d=132

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.