VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so just bought a 1993 Corrado VR6 has an aftermarket sound system in it and with that it has some wiring problems... go figure. So what i'm asking is how do you remove the lower part of the dash(Under the steering wheel) as well as the center console(Radio/AC area) Sorry for asking, i havent had the time to go get a Bentley for it yet seeing as i just bought it. Thanks for the help! :D

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Ok so just bought a 1993 Corrado VR6 has an aftermarket sound system in it and with that it has some wiring problems... go figure. So what i'm asking is how do you remove the lower part of the dash(Under the steering wheel) as well as the center console(Radio/AC area) Sorry for asking, i havent had the time to go get a Bentley for it yet seeing as i just bought it. Thanks for the help! :D
Under dash "knee pads" can't think of term right now... two screws underneath, then they just pull straight out, use some force...

The dash bezel has a series of screws, some are behind dash vents and need to come out. Also, I had to pull my cluster for one screw behind the right side dash lights

Good luck :beer:

·
Registered
12,627 Posts
Center console piece has one screw behind the vents. Gotta remove the outer vent IIRC. Be gentle and pry it out from each side. You have to remove the trim bezel for the cluster to get to the one screw up behind the top switch. Pull the HVAC and remove the screws that hold it to the cluster and there is I think one that holds the center console to the dash there. Than two in the cubby storage at the bottom.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.